With Roon 1.3 largely stable for the vast majority of users, we are looking ahead as we continue to investigate some of the more elusive issues we’ve been hearing about.
A number of recent reports have been reproduced in house, and fixes are rolling out in today’s release. The full list of changes is below.
That should do it for today’s maintenance release. Thanks everyone!
The Team at Roon Labs
Note that a minor issue in Build 207 has been fixed in Build 208, which is now rolling out to Core platforms only (Windows, Windows 64 Bit, MacOS, Linux). Build 207 of our mobile platforms has been submitted to the App Store and Play Store, and will be available upon approval.
Roon 1.3 (Build 208) Release Notes
Roon Build 208 is now rolling out for OSX, Windows, Windows (64 Bit), and Linux. Build 207 of Roon for Android and iOS have been submitted to their respective App Stores and will be available upon approval.
Build 73 of Roon Bridge is also live for all platforms (ARMv8 users see note below).
All platforms and apps should update automatically. The ARMv8 version of Roon Bridge will need to be updated manually for this release only.
Changes and Bug Fixes In Roon Build 208:
- Added “Masters” section to the TIDAL page when Masters are present
- Support COMPOSITION as an alternative to WORK during tag extraction
- Support MOVEMENT as an alternative to PART during tag extraction
- Support ORCHESTRA tag
- Support for WORK/COMPOSITION tag even if no PART/MOVEMEMENT tag is provided
- Sonos stability improvements and dropout reduction
- Fixed bug causing data on the Internet Radio screen to get stale or fail to update
- Fixed TIDAL login issue causing spurious database errors
- Skipped Files list updates properly
- Fixed some issues with Linux + multichannel-over-HDMI
- Added “swap rear and surround channels” setting for an alternative 7.1 channel layout
- Fixed “Digital Output” label in Signal Path
- Optimized folder image viewing by moving scaling activity to the core
- Fixed some issues related to artist/composer merging not sticking
- Fixed Merging Artist - nothing happens
- Fixed artists with manually added photos being returned when focusing on Image Count <= 0
- Fixed ClassicalComposer displayed as “no” in Artist Editor UI
- Non-library TIDAL tracks in a playlist shouldn’t be favoritable
- Directory scanning fixes on linux
- skipped files: fixed negative file size
- Fixed Roon Bridge updating issue on ARMv8 (reinstall required)