Roon 1.4 Feedback

No you still need to be connected to your Roon core network, IOS playback means you can use your iPad or iPhone as an endpoint and stream to it from the Roon core, this is as a private zone so only the iPad or iPhone will see itself as an endpoint.

Deleted, allready answered

1 Like

But how would it now what you mean by “quality” - do mean the highest resolution? The CD quality one might have been mastered better :slight_smile:

Radio is great thanks. I could see how the tracks related to my seed songs when I had a play last night. It feels like a curated radio now rather than a DJ with only 4 albums to hand as it was before.

1 Like

Hi. Can you tell me the path to the export button/link? This would be great.

Thanks

Hi Jean and Geoffrey,

This KB page on Export should get you going.

Ah thanks. Not worth getting an ios device for then…away from home would be.

@danny
Thanks for the fully customisable play options in Settings / Play Actions.
My feature request for “Add Next From Here” got zero comments but there it is! It is very useful In finessing playlists. Much rejoicing in my listening room.

The new Queue is great for creating new playlists.

1. completely clear the Queue ( by selecting a single track / Select All / Remove From Queue)
  2. Add tracks to the new Queue, listen to music & rearrange tracks
  3. Save the Queue as a Playlist
2 Likes

You can also hit “Clear Upcoming”, which will toggle to “Clear All”. Pressing again will completely clear the Queue.

How are you finding the new Selection options (Select from here, Select skipped etc) when it comes to Playlists ?

1 Like

The new radio is a game changer. The attached is just sampler but I’m seeing diversity of artists, deep album tracks; 24 hours on a single prompt and it hasn’t bored me yet. I’ve never been preoccupied with the queue behavior because I’ve been mostly just playing albums. I can see that changing.
12-19-17 tracks

7 Likes

Thanks Andy, I didn’t see that.

Sorry, can you help me here? Selection Options? I can only see Select All / None

Roon 1.4 is awesome! It will take a while to truly digest it all.

No - it will be restricted to 48Khz and 24bits probably. Maybe even 16bits. If the headphone amp contains a DAC, then that’s a different matter and everything is possible depending on the DAC.

iOS feature is EXCELLENT and I’ve been waiting for this for ages!
OK - a bit buggy, but only to be expected considering the possible issues.
However, with an iPhone 5s connected to an OPPO HA-2SE I can listen to all of my DSD and 96/192 Flac files with no loss.
OK - I miss DSD direct…has to be DoP for obvious reasons…but that is not really an issue. To be ‘free’ of a USB cable connection is brilliant. I now have bit perfect Head Phone listening throughout the house. Plus Roon’s recent DSP features just add to the mix.
BRILLIANT.I have had RAAT seemingly drop connections, and I don’t THINK it’s WiFi related, but this is a VERY intermittent problem so fat chance of tracking it down. I’m sure it will ‘come out in the wash’ in future updates.
Anyway - THANKS Roon. LOVE IT!!!

1 Like

Really?
I’m listening right now and my my core and desktop apps on my mac and windows machines can see the iPhone. I can adjust the DSP etc etc remotely.
Not sure what you mean by ‘only the iPad or iPhone will see itself as an endpoint’.
Obviously it can not act as a core.

A lot of those tracks would be in my library but not all… TIDAL tonight to look for the others, thanks!
Perhaps we should have a “post your new Radio queue” thread?

3 Likes

DSP is perfectly possible and I am using it as I type. Your core will carry out the DSP, as usual, and the iPhone/iPad is simply a transporter/endpoint.

In the Queue when it’s populated:

What I would like to see is the ability to move or delete an entire album as a single entity, as most of my listening (and apparently many, many others based on the “What are you listening to now?” thread) is album based. For example, here is how the Lumin app queue shows the album as a separate line item so that the entire album can be moved or deleted:

3 Likes

Roon chooses a Preferred Version and we can change it. That would be the way to manage “best” in choosing tracks.

2 Likes

But I didn’t write that I use it… I only tested - and does not work.
If answers - please substantive only.