Roon 1.6 Feedback Thread

Love the Qobuz integration but,
I prefer to download AIFF so I’m sure sure I’m happy with.
A. duplicate albums in Roon library view
B. My AIFF and Qobuz FLAC of the same album side by side.

Otherwise very happy, from the comfort of my armchair i can play anything from Roon or Qobuz (MacBook Pro to iRDAC2, remote on iPad and iPhone) in hi res. Brilliant Thanks.

LOL. Case in point!!! Now playing show the cover art, not some random dude.

Love it all except Two gripes! -
Using iOS APP on iPhone…

1. Scrolling through albums is slow and tedious - Please add a way to jump to a point midway through the albums!
  2. One feature I loved was the ability to look at the queue, and ‘Clear All’. It’s gone now and when I want to bulk change what I am listening to I need to remove each upcoming song individually.

Anyone know of any tricks to address the above issues (other than buy an iPad!!!)

4 Likes

Check this thread

Hi, while testing the new qobuz integration functionality I noticed a small issue. Up to now I purchased two albums in qobuz BUT roon is only showing one. If I search for the album it does not find it in qobuz either, so I am wondering whats going on here. The album in question is “K&D Sessions” from Kurder&Dorfmeister.

Search function still not up to scratch. I started this thread about it yesterday.

Thanks guys for the great release of 1.6

You say nothing has been done with RAAT. However my first impression yesterday when I upgraded was improvement in sound from 1.5
I thought it was my ears as they change all the time, but today the impression persists.

Just asking: is nothing done that affects sound quality? I consider myself a non-superstitious HiFi enthusiast. So if it is supposed to sound just the same, it’s cool, and a great update and piece of software anyway. :ok_hand::wink:

1 Like

Enjoying the new version. Good feedback from the users will help refine the software even more. My suggestion seems trivial but I will put it out there anyway. Regarding the color scheme: I would like to have a choice that falls between light and dark? Maybe a medium grey background?

1 Like

That’s what I don’t like. I want the play bar at the bottom to follow the theme set in the settings (light/dark) and not be grey.

Black is ideal when listening to music at night in the dark.

2 Likes

But only sometimes :wink: I want the large cover art back.

3 Likes

I agree this is clearly a goal based on the development history and statements of the Roon team. IMHO it’s a bit futile. There is literally no music library or display decision that will please everyone or meet everyone’s needs. For example some want a very simple streamlined display and others want a lot of info. Neither are wrong.

Case in point. I don’t think it would have been much of a challenge for Roon to include the option to go back to the combined, larger album cover version of the Now Playing screen. I mean, it already exists.

There is a lot of good work that the Roon team does. And at times I’ve been dragged into trying something in Roon I didn’t think I’d like and I was convinced otherwise. So I don’t mean to stifle innovation by just arguing that Roon should just offer configuration options for what’s been done, over and over again. But a good mix of new innovation with user options would be a lovely balance.

IDEA: Roon can offer options for 3-5 different Now Playing screens…one combined with a queue, one with artist as largest image, one with album art as largest image, choice of “up next” on or off. Make those available both as within the main Roon window and on web display. This way it can be whatever, and wherever, the user wants.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: “Album View” in Now Playing?

@XGTG-yokelet
This might be helpful

1 Like

Thanks a lot for this great release! Now I can stream and enjoy Qobuz to the max.

1 Like

Used it or a few hours yesterday. Search sometimes take a long time, an artist search for an artist in my library took 40 seconds to come back. I use the search to jump to artists all the time so was a little disappointing it now takes so long to bring back results.

I agree with what everyone is saying the now playing is now good looking at all. The grey bar on the bottom seems out of place with both the dark and lights themes, the thumbnail is now super tiny.

On the full screen now playing, I am ok with the new format but agree the lyrics font should be smaller and use some default pictures when no artist picture is available.Can’t we just have a default folder that we can put hi res pictures in and have roon pull from that?

Seems great so far, and Qobuz add seems like a major victory. Well done!

Only gripe: how do I send my queue to another output? There used to be an icon on the queue menu (2 arrows pointing different directions) but don’t see that now.

You can transfer to another zone in the zone list - that’s where the 2 arrows seem to live these days. Click on a speaker icon in the list

1 Like

When or will Qobuz ever be accessible in Sweden ? :wink:

Best bet is to ask Qobuz themselves :slight_smile:

I’ve entered my email-adress on there site, but no answer so far.