Roon 1.6 Feedback Thread

A post was split to a new topic: B401 Unable to add artist image

9 posts were split to a new topic: Slow Searches with 1.6

Is Portrait mode only supported on the 12.9” iPad?

Yes … Roon only supports landscape mode when running on the smaller screened iPad models.

Or on Android tablets. Since Roon is implementing portrait on iOS, perhaps we will see the same on Android. The album art is really nice in that view. The tablet is easier to handle and rest on my thigh in portrait, too! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Back from holiday and just updated to the latest build. Back on track for sure with the UI. Also signed up for Qobuz and deleted Tidal for good. 100% of the 1700 plus albums transferred over with the help of Soundiiz. To me, the sound is the slightest bit fuller, but more importantly no longer have to suffer through viewing every third rate Trap album in the what’s new screen, and no MQA.

Some minor niggles and requests:

ability to have a small thumbnail of the artist on the Now Playing screen when album art is chosen as priority,

automatic NP screen option when Play Now is chosen,

ability to skip the que and start Roon Radio from the NP screen,

ability to see what’s next on the NP screen,

ability to open the Qobuz pdf from the NP screen.

Overall navigation still a bit awkward, but that’s always been the case. Still easier to delete my bank account than it is to delete a streaming title, but hopefully that will change as well in the future. Thanks Roon for listening to feedback and getting us a better looking UI back.

I don’t know if this is a bug as it doesn’t always happen although it does more often than not:
I scroll through my library and pick a record from those starting with “F”, let’s say. Once it’s finished I click the back button and instead of the library list showing at the point at which I selected the previous record, it jumps back to the top of “A” so I have to scroll all the way through to “F” again. When I first started using Roon, this didn’t happen and the library list would reappear from where you left off.

1 Like

I like the new updated “Now Playing” very much.
Also, I like the icons for the different pages for album/artist information when available.

I do not miss the swiping of this information - now I can go directly to the relevant information.

Thanks.

This happens to me quite a bit as well and has been that way since I started using Roon a couple years ago.

Compliments to the Roon team on the vastly improved search implementation :+1: Same goes for Roon Radio, which I just posted to the dedicated thread.

I really like the improvements made to “Now Playing” display. Photos are nice and using album art when missing is well done. Thanks to Roon for listening!

dudeymon

1 Like

It’s always worked that way for me during the 1 1/2 years I’ve been using Roon. I’m with you, wish it went back to where you were instead of the beginning.

A post was split to a new topic: Strange Roon Radio Behavior

Soul brothers…

1 Like

May have been reported elsewhere…

To the right of the Album name in Now Playing,. the target zone for the album extends nearly all the way to the right edge of the screen. So when your mouse goes over this area it turns to a click pointer icon.

Not a huge deal, mainly cosmetic.

Is Radio down for everyone or just me right now?
(Unexpected error, radio limited to library)

I’m also getting it. (Unexpected error, radio limited to library)

I have come to know and appreciate roon 1.5. The user interface was simple and clear, I found my way around easily. The design was simple. The software was very stable. All this together is unusual for a computer software to listen to music. With Roon 1.6, the developers seem a bit off the path, I think that’s a pity. After some time of use of roon 1.6 I had to realize that the clarity and stability have been lost a bit.

This is just a prime example of change being a problem. You used Roon 1.5 for a long time and came to know it well. Now, Roon 1.6 is here and it is a bit different which means you do not know it well so it feels wrong.

The design is still simple. The software is still stable. The clarity is still there.

You will get used to it and all will be fine.

12 Likes

I know little about intellectual property, but there should be some workaround here since these photos are available to the public, are not being re-sold, and are being used for the purpose for which they were attended: directly promoting the artist and their music. Photos that are clearly watermarked (e.g., Getty Images) shouldn’t me included or used. Or perhaps worst case create a user forum library.