Roon 1.6 Feedback Thread

The Now Playing is now good. In fact usefull.
Seems like a good framework for further developments.

Hi - thanks for the pointer - much appreciated. It looks lie the latest iOS Roon controller has some improvements too.

Perhaps it’s my choice of albums, but I now rarely (never?) encounter badly cropped artist images. I know Roon have been busy in the background updating these and it seems to me that this project is working well.
I just wanted to say well done.

I want you to display the love icon in the footer as in the previous version.

Also, I want you to be able to display Recording Location, Recording Date, Orchestra, and Conductor in Now Playing.

Supplement.
I’d like to limit the songs that display Recording Location, Recording Date, Orchestra, and Conductor on Now Playing to classic.

I want the buttons on the upper left and the upper right of Now Playing Display to disappear after a certain period of time.

And, in the case of PC, mouse over, in case of touch panel I want the specification to display by touching the panel.

Sounds like you should be posting in feature requests area

3 Likes

In december 2015 i took the leap into the deep end of the Roon pool!
That was with version 1.1 i think, and i discovered some explanations i made on a swedish forum at the time.
When looking at the “now playing” full screen of that version i cant help but wonder, how much energy has gone into feedback and development of the GUI since then, and where has it led? :slight_smile:

And the album view:

Absolutely not saying that the GUI should change, just reflecting! :wink:

I put together my thoughts on the “perfect” :wink: now playing interface:

Definitely more than one way to do this stuff.

Mmm, it looks like another album view…

Not really what I would want for now playing but ok for a queue screen.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Sluggish performance since update

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Roon Core chokes up since 1.6 (build 390)

A post was split to a new topic: Sluggish performance on trial

Just to add, Roon works for me much as it always has. It just works. I use a QNAP NAS Running Roon wired to my Meridian and Bluesound zones. It just works.

It seems to me, something must be wrong in the set up if it’s slow.

Hi @Chrislayeruk,

when you’re saying “much as it always has”, does that also mean everything is still as snappy as it used to be? Things work reliably here, too, but not quite as fast as in 1.5.

But unlike you, I use Tidal and Qobuz. Maybe that’s what causes the perceived sluggishness. Nothing dramatic, though.

1 Like

I think 1.6 is more variable in performance than 1.5, for me, but the extra feature of roon radio across Tidal lets me forgive it.

2 Likes

I really haven’t noticed any change in performance with 1.6 either, after the first week when the artwork was updating, though I only have a local library. Do you have sluggishness with local files? Have you changed DNS to 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 as this may help?

FWIW, I started using Qobuz when 1.6 was released. The Qobuz integration was amazing, but yes, everything seemed a bit sluggish and search in particular.

Well, I decided not to continue my Qobuz subscription. Interestingly, even though my subscription ended, Roon continued to query Qobuz in searches and search was still sluggish. About 2 days ago I removed Qobuz from Roon services. Not surprisingly, Roon search became a good bit faster again. I suspect the same is true for Tidal but have not tested that theory.

So yes, there’s room for improvement with Roon, but I also have very high confidence that the Roon team will continue to do that just as they always have.

1 Like

It seems just as snappy now for me. The only time I have issues is if my RAM 4Gb gets saturated and then a reboot of core fixes this. Not a daily occurrence either.

Occasionally I reboot my iPad app, but I always have done.

I only have Tidal and my physical library.

1 Like