Sluggish performance on trial

My trial is ending soon, while i generally like Roon, i’m also experiencing the same issues. Very slow search, stuck at loading album, Tidal issues and general dropouts. Haven’t tried the previous versions, so i don’t know if the problems came with the latest update, but right now for me Roon doesn’t feel like polished 500$ piece of software. It’s more like beta version of something. And reading the forum it’s not just me experiencing this. I’m really torn in my decision of upgrading or not…

Hi @Lucho,

We split your post out into it’s own #support thread, because it sounds like things definitely aren’t working as expected here.

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you share some examples of this? What are you searching for and how long does it take?

Does this occur for all endpoints? If you play to System Output do you experience this same behavior?

What DNS servers are you using? I would try 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 or both. I had all kinds of issues with Tidal that were magically fixed when I switched to these servers.

Here is an example video. It’s happening quite often, so don’t think it’s related to particular artist.

Don’t have anything connected to the system output (It’s even disabled), so i haven’t tried this. Next time i experience this will check. But i doubt it will have anything to do with the Tidal issues, where i see messages saying there was network error with Tidal or songs can’t be found, while the native Tidal app works…

In general I’m running Roon core on Macbook Pro, 16GB and SSD drive. I have one system connected to Airport Express and one to Raspberry Pi with a dedicated audio HAT connected with ethernet cable to Time Capsule. Using mostly iPad for remote and control. So basically just Apple products, which in theory should be working pretty well with each other.

DNS is set for 1.1.1.1

That’s a bug many have experienced. It is reported here:

That thread states that the bug has been reproduced but there has been no time frame indicated for getting it fixed.

Hi @Lucho,

As mentioned by Scott above, we currently have a ticket open for this behavior. While I can’t provide any specific timeframes, this is definitely something we have on our radar and will be sure to update you when we have more information. Navigating to an artist from other locations shouldn’t yield this similar behavior.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.