Roon 1.7 (Build 667) - No automatic file rescan anymore

I don’t know what’s worse. That this particular problem with build 667, released 35 days ago, hasn’t been fixed yet or that despite everyone who runs Roon on a NAS with a root music folder experiencing the same exact issue that support is still asking for screenshots like it’s some type of mystifying inconsistent phenomenon.

Perhaps it’s the irony that the whole point behind this maintenance release seems tailor made to address a problem such as this one as the bug and the affected group is so readily apparent.

“…they allow for more flexibility in the future for how we distribute releases to users, so we can test bug fixes with affected users before they go live to the wider Roon community.”

Personally, the thing that annoys me the most is that I’m very careful with software updates and read every release note and the release notes for build 667 seemed to imply that the affected changes were with how it interacted with Roon’s end and not how it worked locally.

“We have a maintenance release going live, with some infrastructure changes related to our updating system.
The changes in Build 667 should be largely invisible…”

If you had added some additional information in the release notes about changes to how local file directories were handled or released it as version 1.8, I would have never updated and waited for the next release. And I would be enjoying and listening to music right now instead of writing my first rant post since running Roon trouble free for nearly three years.

2 Likes