Roon 1.7 Feedback Thread

I love the Play Now feature for Artist/Composer. It embodies what I love best about Roon, which is the ability to discover new artists or insights via metadata.
Clicking on an artist like Maceo Parker leads you to all kinds of music.
(View artist, click Play Now)

Roon software itself did not wait for the Forum Users to be informed, to provoke the ‘update’ request (i.e. new version)
Dirk

… except for macOS, or so it seemed. :wink: But you’re right, initial timing was a bit of an issue with 1.7. But it’s there now and that’s what counts. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Error loading Live Radio stations list

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t update iPad to 1.7

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Error loading Live Radio stations list

Now I’m wondering if the fonts issue on my Fire Tablet is because of the DPI tweak we had to make to get it to work?

1. PLEASE rename “Roon Radio” simply “Valence” (‘Roon’ is unnecessary in the title). Having “Roon Radio” and “Live Radio” will confuse the masses.

2. Please create a Genre “Holiday Music”, and give us the option to deselect it. Actually, please make it a setting I can turn off permanently. I should only see Holiday Music in the Overview in December, not all year long.

I’ve used up my quota of dbl quotes for the day. Thanks for asking.

1 Like

I very much like 1.7. Especially the new zone icons! What i don’t understand is why the new ‘new releases for you’ screen scrolls vertically (as does the search screen introduced in 1.6) yet the old main album screen remains horizontal paged scrolling
The interface is now really inconsistent. Hopefully this gets fixed soon

1 Like
1 Like

Clarification of the “Popular” sort in Live Radio?

Thanks for the update! I’ll be spending awhile exploring what’s different. The first question which occurs to me is: what does the term Popular mean in the context of sorting stations in Live Radio?

(I assume “Sort by Name” just means a straightforward alphanumeric sort on station name, and that “Sort by Frequency” sorts by terrestrial broadcast frequency where available with some fallback sort for non-broadcast stations)

Is this popularity rank aggregated from the activity of all Roon installs, or is it based on just the local Roon install? Is it based on listening hours, or listening starts, or some combination of… what?

Just curious. Thanks!

1 Like

We like to give our active community subscribers a head start.

It’s not much, but we try to show our appreciation any way we can. :heart:

11 Likes

It’s based on how much Roon users are listening to a given station via the Live Radio feature.

So at the moment the numbers are still pretty small as people update to 1.7, but over time we hope the big ones (BBC, Paradise Radio, WFMU :wink: ) to rise to the top.

3 Likes

I like Valence! Thank you Team Roon. Great work!

1 Like

Enjoying the new release so far - everything seems to work as expected and I’m looking forward to exploring the recommendations from Valence. Thanks Roon Team :grinning: I don’t really understand all the fuss over fonts but it looks fine to me!

Now, if only Roon on-the-go could be released I’d be able to give Valence enough information to do something useful with :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

“Starting with Roon 1.7, when running on Roon OS, Roon will use the Microsoft .NET Core Runtime, which offers higher performance and improved memory efficiency.”

Any reason why Roon on Windows/Linux can’t use the same runtime and benefit from the same optimizations? From a community perspective, Roon OS should not be used as a premium platform and business model next to our subscription. We all have different hardware setups and preferences and should be able to integrate Roon in our setup with any subscription.

Can you please elaborate on future commitment to Roon on any platform?

2 Likes

I just wanted to report that Roon 1.7 is working great for me with core on Dell XPS 15 laptop. It is also working on my iPad and iPhone as control devices and is seeing my Dragonfly Cobalt and Oppo 203 Roon end-points.

I’ve only just started listening, but Tidal and Qobuz are both working fine and Roon is very fast loading new albums, much better than before.

I just wanted to post some positive information. Thanks for this new update from a new lifetime member.

15 Likes

Same here, very happy.
:notes::grinning:

3 Likes

Guys keep up the gr8 work. :+1:

3 Likes

@danny
How does one pronounce covalent?
Sort of like Vālence

2 Likes