Roon 1.7 Feedback Thread

Looking at Local Radio Stations, I see my current location is not correctly reflected. How do I change my location?

It’s a new setting that’s been introduced in 1.7, and, like all new settings (I think), the default is “No”.

1 Like

Track numbers are now off by default and can be turned on in Settings.

Thank you for the update. Everything’s working well after ~1 hour of use.

• new bold font is worse than before, slightly blurry on my screen
  • live radio is nice touch and might increase my use of radio listening
  • can’t comment on performance yet but as said before, it works as it should
  • why can’t New Releases For You work for library users? I’d love to have this function.
  • might just be my imagination but does 1.7 maybe sound slightly better? I stream to Linn Akurate DSM over ethernet connection and use my PC as core and control + iphone and ipad for control also

I’ve had plenty of problems with streaming to Linn ADSM (roon tested) in past. I hope it’s more stable after the release of 1.7.

You have to enable track numbers in Settings - General.
They are off by default
Dirk

It’s intentional:

As a fan of using bold text sparingly for emphasis, I’m convinced at least some of the users observing a sudden abundance of bold text are not distinguishing between (1) bold text, (2) a heavier typeface weight, and (3) type that just appears heavier than it used to (due to the current aliasing implementation on that particular device). Some specifics and screenshots would probably help troubleshoot this “issue” where troubleshooting is actually necessary.

3 Likes

Secondly, we added a new display setting. Going forward track numbers will be hidden on the album page by default, although it is possible to toggle them back on using the new setting

Thanks for forwarding—noted and now changed in my app’s settings. @andybob

1 Like

I think this is a philosophical thing. Roon doesn’t want to offer you things you can’t get. If you don’t have a streaming service, it sort of looks like a tease?
Why not post it as a Feature Request?

Why can’t I get it? It’s a new release. Could show up as an Amazon link.

It works by accessing the streaming services databases. I expect there may also be licensing issues that prevent Roon using the information without the user having a licence.

It’s the philosophy that everything you can click on in Roon leads to something you can play and listen to in Roon, I think. But asking for a feature in this regard may be a good idea.

would also love confirmation on whether or not roon bypasses the android intervention and goes direct to DAC

2 Likes

Look what is appearing just now (19h20 CET) in my mailbox.

Roon 1.7 — introducing Valence

Roon Labs is proud to announce the largest project we’ve ever undertaken. After two years of focused design and engineering, we’re unveiling an entirely new technology we call Valence .

Valence is a system built on a massive new cloud database, which uses machine learning algorithms – designed with our passion for music – to model the many dimensions of relatedness more deeply than ever before. And because you use Roon to explore, collect, and listen to the music you love, Valence understands you like no other.

The secret ingredient is the Roon community; Valence learns from the musical tastes of over 100,000 expert listeners who use Roon.

The result is the ultimate music expert, which presents the world of music through a lens personalized just for you.

If you’ve used the hugely popular Roon Radio, you’ve seen an early example of Valence in action. In the same way that the meaning of “radio” was transformed in Roon 1.6, today you’ll see Valence transform your understanding of ideas like “new releases for you” and “suggested for you” in Roon 1.7.

Beyond Valence, there’s more to this update: we’ve brought the kind of experience you expect from Roon to the world of live radio, and Roon OS has received a massive performance boost. As always, feedback from the community has led to a number of other improvements as well.

We hope you enjoy finding your next music obsession!

Learn more about Valence and Roon 1.7
\ 24x24 \ 24x24 \ 24x24 \ 24x24 \ 24x24 \ 24x24 \ 24x24 \ 24x24

If you no longer wish to receive updates and announcements from Roon Labs, you may unsubscribe here.
Copyright © 2019 Roon Labs LLC. All rights reserved.

Maybe, just maybe, it could have been nice to get this mail simultanuous with the announcement on the Forum?

Dirk

Well, I am completely certain there’s a good improvement in sound quality. I have changed no settings. More detail yet sweeter and cleaner at the very top end, more musical, and better low end definition too. I am finding as a result of the change I can set my preamp about 5dB higher and it sounds great. I could not do this before as it got harsh. Everything is sounding great.

Just as a note, I am running Rock on a fanless Nuc with LPSU straight out into a Brooklyn Dac+ via a Phasure Lush USB Cable. I see someone upthread suggested improvements could be possible for those who are connecting direct to Dac like this, although I don’t follow why and am only really concerned with the results. This is the best I have had Roon sound.

Oh, this is a mix of flacs held in the NUC and Tidal, mostly Tidal and I don’t let the Dac ever deal with MQA instead letting Roon do the first unfold if it is an MQA track, and then my upscaling is set to DSD256. 7th Order, and Smooth/Minimum Phase.

2 Likes

Ok then - will watch for that when I’m streaming Tidal next. Thanks!

Absolutely LOVE the new features! I love the new radio feature, and the ‘recommended for you’ tab. And I’ve only just scratched the surface.
Cheers to Roon for a great update! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Maybe, just maybe, there is a VERY small chance to make it work.
For you to try out if you are interested.

Just create an account at Qobuz, without subscribing for a streaming service. Up till today, this is still possible.
Try to login into Qobuz from Roon - Settings - Services.
Tell us what happens (or not happens)

Dirk

The release notes state that the ROCK/Nucleus implementation has been improved through native .NET compilation of the software. Which mean your computer is more efficient, and in a way less stressed. Could be the explanation.

We were told the forum represents a minority of all Roon users - maybe it was clever to check things with this minority before informing all the others? :sunglasses: