Roon 1.7 Feedback Thread

I feel SQ of TIDAL through Roon 1.7 is better than before. And Live Radio is a good collection, I wish Radio can get similar SQ enhancement of streaming service in the future.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been critical of the over engineering (in my view) in the past over stability and basic functionaility, but credit where credit is due, this appears a cool release, thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s Roonā€™s motto: ā€œWhatever they can do with one click, we can do with three!ā€ :wink:

5 Likes

I do think thereā€™s a boost in sound quality as well.

Is it possible to improve sound quality? Is it not just a bit perfect stream being coverted by your DAC?

I will need a fresh bag of popcorn for this discussion :grinning:

9 Likes

In short, no. Electrical noise in you computer can come along for the ride and get into your DAC, which can mess things up. But that is a discussion for another thread. This one is for 1.7 Feedback.

Roon - please add icons for iFi Audio products (like the very popular micro iDSD Black Labelā€¦).

3 Likes

All good. I was responding to Tim.
So far the first 10-15 Recommended new releases are really interesting to me, after that it drops off and becomes a little arbitrary. But still a great feature as I tend to listen to all my old stuff, and with this I get to know the latest music.

Early testing is looking / sounding very good but sad that one of my requested features didnā€™t make it -
If I search, the search results donā€™t have a ā€œheartā€ column to show me which if any of the matching results Iā€™ve set to be my favorite.
I can get there my going to the track view and filtering on the appropriate column, but itā€™s convoluted / not as nice as just showing the heart column.

Any way I can sure this feature request is in the developerā€™s list somewhere!?

Spotify did start out worse and with less features, but they have a much larger scale of data and much larger budget. All recommendation engines start out rough, this is normal.

itā€™s @danny listening to Celine, his song plays count 10x in Valence!

3 Likes

Based on the release notes, looks fantastic! Seems like you could have jumped to a V. 2.0 version number. Going to turn it on now and give the Roon Radio recommendations feature a workout (a favorite feature of mine of Roon)

A post was split to a new topic: Updating ROCK to 1.7

You got a point. Very few, but we where more than one :slightly_smiling_face:
And I see the new release as a huge step forward.
Actually I would, before the upgrade, say that the step up in price for the lifetime abo. be too steep a price.
After the upgrade to 1.7: now we are talking better price/performance ratio.

Then you donā€™t get recommendations.

After a few restarts Roon updated to ver. 1.7 and there is a mess in my library.
Several dozen of albums lost their covers and some albums are splited. Everything was OK in ver 1.6.

I"d bet on Roon 1.8 and 1.9 first. :smiley:

1 Like

I get that - but the email makes it sound like it will be a lot better than the real experience - hence the feedback on the feedback thread

you noticed changes in SQ quality after the upgrade?