Roon 1.7 Feedback Thread

Does anyone from roon know that dismissing an album as described will train the algorithim?

Whether it does or not, playing music will. And it will hide Celine Dion from you in the meantime :wink:

True enough

By using Artist tag? No problem here.

Have you got show composer credits set to “always”

Strangely I find this also helps add artist credits to main album screen.

.sjb

It really is amazing how much for granted we now take the update process. All those pieces updating seamlessly. Excellent point.

.sjb

2 Likes

I absolutely love 1.7. Thank you, Roon!

2 Likes

Yes I know. But someone was suggesting to delete albums we don’t like to train the machine. That would be actual work on the consumer part.
Just playing the music I like is fine :wink:

Edit: you did, actually :wink:

I only see Celene Dion if I have sorted by newest for the recommendations. She disappears if I choose sorted by relevance.

Does not the same happen for you?

In real estate, the three most important things are Location, Location and Location. For a music player, it is Sound Quality, Sound Quality and Sound Quality. I read all of the comments and I believe only one post addressed this issue. The post stated the sound did not sound worse than the prior version.

I haven’t had a chance to listen to the new version and I am hoping the transparency has increased.

1 Like

Well done guys, next up mobile app for on the GO.

1 Like

Is it just me, or are Qobuz new releases now showing up in roon on the same day as Qobuz? Seems like there was a delay of a few days before.

P.S. clicked on the update notification on my control/playback PC and it updated the core PC and the client PC just like that with no drama. Very nice how that works.

Er no. I pointed out that if people got fed up seeing non-relevant albums in the NRFY, they could prune their list back. Some people apparently don’t like seeing Celine Dion albums in their list for example. :wink:

Nothing to do with training the machine - and in fact Brian pointed out a few posts into the thread that pruning the list has no effect whatsoever on training the machine.

I see now that my opening sentence could be read that way. It wasn’t my intention - so I’ll edit the post to rephrase it and make it explicit that no machine training is done by pruning.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: MacBook on 1.7 sluggish

Now I’m feeling a bit sorry for Celine. She is not even relevant anymore?

4 Likes

Update went smoothly. My ten cents from last night’s session:

1. Sound quality is the most important thing in the world to me, and we’ve made a step forward! Sweeter, clearer top-end let me identify new details in some extremely-familiar tracks, to a degree I wouldn’t have thought possible.

2. Valence suggestions were super-cool. I was on a midcentury jazz kick, and got recs for albums I was not familiar with, and I loved them.

3. Search is way, way faster! I use local files, Qobuz, and Tidal.

4. My preferences for sound quality usually rank as: Qobuz, then Tidal, then local rips. Would still like to be able to sort search results in this order, rather than current default which is the opposite.

5. Going forward, the UI graphic design can still use a lot of rethinking.

6. I believe that this fellow best explains the Celine Dion thing.

I’m grateful for the update! Nice work, Roon – and keep it up.

2 Likes

Most people hear no difference or prefer local, is your preference related to resolution?

Just wondering, no agenda.

.sjb

Redbook streams from both services sound better than my local flac rips 98% of the time. As for Qobuz hi-res vs Tidal MQA, I prefer the Qobuz hi-res about 75% of the time, though I’m not an MQA hater.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Fonts look bad on Windows7

Is Roon that good?!? Wow… celine

6 Likes