Roon 1.7 Feedback Thread

Congrats to the Roon Team on a major upgrade in 1.7. Many interesting changes to explore.

I am finding the font size on my IPhone XS Max to be smaller than on 1.6 and a little uncomfortable on my aging eyes.

Ha same for me! I quickly found the “remove from list” button lol.

Haha. Never was in this house!

Have you tried limiting Roon Radio to Library?

1 Like

Thanks @ged_hickman1!

New Releases for you. Celine Dion? I have to throw up! Did the record company paid money to Roon?

1 Like

Yeah yeah yeah, we all know it by now. I really hope for Celine she doesn’t have a Roon account.

3 Likes

I really appreciate the update. especially the speed boost and new release for you feature. I also think the font change is for the better. I use both ipad, windows pc and android (samsung s9).

Regarding the Artist play feature, where after the description Valence should select popular tracks from the same artist I have a
Question.

Is Roon Radio supposed to be turned off for this feature to work as described?
With Roon Radio turned off, the function seems ok, but when Roon Radio is turned on, it selects other artists after the first played track.

Is this by design or a bug?

Best Regard

Same thing here with a Fairphone 2 : not compatible. Really annoying. Is there a technical solution to that ?

The intention is to feature the artist’s/composer’s repertoire of works. In some cases it may just be the selected artist. In other cases that artist may perform with other artists.
What I’ve found is that sometimes the artist may simply be credited as a background vocalist. In others, they may have written the song. So you may get exposed to some connections you didn’t expect.
BUT, the feature is new so there may be some bugs too. Also, be sure you are viewing the artist or composer and hit the Play Now button. In another context it may just play a selected track or artist.
Roon Radio’s connection would ‘stay on’. It should start playing eventually (with other, unrelated artists) after the Play Now selections finish.

i add a couple of things i’ve noticed.
-looking around in the library, it seems that the roles have been in general rationalized, and the system is able to “merge” various similar roles like “tenor sax” and “saxophone (tenor)”. there are cases where this does not happen though. for example:

-in the roles page there are some problems. see for example:
and
this last should be under composer roles. besides, there should be a a transaltion version for more languages (if it’s intended for lyrics translations…), or a more general (missing) role Lyrics Translation by.

about the search function. strange things down there…
-search opera, i would expect the genre as first… but.

-the search results are often incomplete, and i really think this is a BUG. say for example

but in my library i have more “adriana”. if i resize the window appears a VEW ALL

through which i have access at the full list:

this happens quite often …

-looking at this same search for “adriana”, i notice the result “mia martini”
it appears because the real name of “Mia Martini” is “Domenica Rita Adriana Bertè”. i realy think that this kind of additional informations that roon has about an artist should be displayed in the artist page:

i mean… the info is there, show it!

Lyrics tag feedback:

1. Thankyou thankyou thankyou! I have a lot of foreign & obscure and it’s great to have a way of supplying lyrics info to Roon for display.

2. However, supplying missing lyrics isn’t the only use I have for the lyrics tag. I also want to be able to override the Roon’s lyrics, which can often be garbled or wrong. The new implementation of lyrics support is just that and, understandably at this point, there’s no way to control it in either album or track metadata preferences. I’d certainly like to see a metadata preference for lyrics implemented, but if that doesn’t appear, it seems to me that if the user has supplied lyrics there must have been a reason for doing so, and they should by default override Roon’s.

1 Like

Hi an thanks,
Yes, I’m hitting play button from artist page. When Roon Radio is on, the first track is always by the artist. From there, Roon chooses tracks where the artist is not involved, but tracks in a typical Roon Radio selection.

So maybe this is a bug

BR

@support. My upgrade to 1.7 trashed the images in my library. After upgrading to 1.7 on my Nucleus+ about half my albums reverted to Roon’s built-in images. On inspection it appeared that Roon showed “No Image” in my FLAC files even though they had previously been detected fine. Re-scanning fixed the problem, but very unreliably. Re-scanning the whole library just stopped part way through, so I resorted to re-scanning small groups of albums at a time to restore my images.

Also the MQA albums in my library also lost their MQA identification. A Reanalyse was required to fix that.

This was all a complete pain wasting several hours. It looks like insufficient testing on 1.7. It’s all very well introducing fancy new features, but you need to stay focused on the basics.

1 Like

No !!!

It seems it’s a hardware issue your device either supports Open GL ES3 or it doesn’t.

My Tab A doesn’t but my cheapy J1 phone does, it just updated fine

Luck of the draw I guess , still a bit of a bummer

I wonder how many users are affected

It seems that this update killed my “Recently Added” order. Some items that have been in my database for a very long time are now showing up before items I added last week. Also, the file modification dates have changed so … I wonder if this could be something other than Roon at play?

Set your preferences accordingly and that’s exactly what you get. :smiley:

grafik

I think it rescanned your Storage location after the update , mine churned for quite. While

Thankyou @BlackJack! Not a place I thought to look for it but works dandy.