Roon 1.8 and Roon 2.0 on QNAP

Roon Core Machine

QNAP TVS-1292T3

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Last week there were “compatibility issues” with the server update when updating. Since nothing worked, I went back to 1.8. To do this, however, I had to uninstall the server, including data.

After connecting I can either log in or start a trial. When trying to log in, I get the message that I’m already logged in.

So the only option available is restoring from a backup. After the restoration, a relaunch had to be made.

And the system was reset to zero because obviously no connection to the server could be established.

After several unsuccessful attempts, I returned to version 2, which suddenly installed without any problems (without any compatibility problems).

A database update was required for the new version, which was also carried out. But after that it was exactly the same situation: Restore from a Backup. Afterwards the relaunch and everything is back to zero because no connection to the server could be established.

Any idea how do I get out of this loop?

Hey @Manfred_Egger,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

Following up on your thread, I see that you’ve been able to update to the newest build (1133) and so I wanted to check in to see if you were still running into issues here?

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.