4. BT Home Hub, WiFi to end points, ethernet to core
  5. 8th April @ 13.20 GMT
1 Like
  1. Huawei mediapad m5
  2. Android 9
  3. Latest version / build of ROCK on NUC 8i5
  4. Synology RT2600ac & Synology MR2200ac
  5. Thursday April 8th 2021 @ 1921 CEST

Posted this as different android device to post above.

1 Like
  1. Model and Manufacturer of Android Device
    Samsung S9+
  2. Android Operating System Version
  3. Roon Core Operating System
    Actual Rock Version on NUC8i7
  4. A brief overview of your network setup (router model/manufacturer + any access point details)
    Ubiquiti Edgerouter 12, Ubiquiti NanoHd
  5. The exact local time + date of when a hang next occurs on your Android device (only one timestamp is needed for now, please do not provide us a timestamp of every hang)
    19:57 8.4.2021
1 Like
  1. Huawei P30 Pro
  2. Android 10
  3. UNRAID 6.9.1/Docker
  4. Huawei USG6320 & Huawei ad9430dn-12 & Huawei R251D
  5. Thursday April 8th 2021 @ 22:05 CET
1 Like
  1. Model and Manufacturer of Android Device
    Samsung Note 10+
    (please note: an older phone, Galaxy Note 8, also Android 10, works without issues)

2. Android Operating System Version 10

3. Roon Core Operating System
    Actual Rock Version on NUC8i7BEH

4. A brief overview of your network setup (router model/manufacturer + any access point details)
    ASUS RT-AC88U connected to modem. NUC connected to Asus via Lan.

5. The exact local time + date of when a hang next occurs on your Android device

08:39 9.4.2021

1 Like
  • Samsung S9 and S10
  • Android 10
  • Ubuntu 20.04
  • Main router is a technicolor wifi router, Core connected by wire, phones are wireless
  • 18:35 AEST (GMT+10) 11 April
1 Like

Today the Roon app (1.8, Android 11, Samsung Note 20 ultra) froze during scrolling albums. Had to force close the app.

@noris when does Roon plan to solve the issue?

Hello All,

Thank you for the setup details and timestamps here! We have been attempting to reproduce this issue in the QA lab but we have been unable to do so.

For those impacted, can you please confirm that you are still able to reproduce this issue on the latest Roon build?

There were a few graphical changes in our last release, Build 790, and it would be good to know if these changes also helped with the original hang behavior.

If you are still able to reproduce on build 790, can you let us know one additional timestamp of when the issue occurs? Thank you!

Hi. Hangs 7:40 CET.

1. Huawei mate 10 pro
  2. Android 10
  3. Latest version / build of ROCK on NUC 8i5
  4. Synology RT2600ac & Synology MR2200ac
  5. Thursday April 22nd 2021 @ 0801 CEST

This is still a daily issue on 3 Huawei devices and has need since 1.8 roll out.

Yes, Hi same issue here.

Huawei 20 pro something.

All latest.

The app does not load. I also noticed that roon on imac makes the computer put on its fans. Its drawing a lot of cpu. It was not like this before.

Same here, app remains frozen. No way at all to open it, force close and new install doesn’t help.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Android 10
NUC 8i7BEH Rock latest version
Router Asus RT-ac88u

09:59 CET

An older phone, Samsung Galaxy Note8, also Android 10, works without issues.

Still hangs…

Is the Roon Android app using the Android System WebView package?
I’ve had an update on April 19th and my Roon app has been just fine since then.
A lot of users had issues with one of the WebView updates in March, with many app crashing.
Could just be a coincidence.

Hangs 6.10 SAST. Samsung S9+. Its been particularly bad the last week. Force stop does not work. Only rebooting the phone does. Its now almost 3 months since these issues were reported.

1 Like

When I switched to the Roon app on my Galaxy S20+ I got this black screen. By touching the area where the play/pause button is, I was still able to control the music! When anyone else gets a black screen can they see if it’s possible to press areas on the screen and control playback?
Hope this helps with your troubleshooting @norris?

1 Like

I was having black screen redraw issues on mine when I switched apps before the latest version, but not noticed since I got my phone (but also got the latest version).
Still Android and still OnePlus

I had tended to ignore these as if I switched away and back again, it would redraw and work perfectly again.

1 Like

Same issue here. Huawei P20 Pro.