Roon 1.8 arrives on February 9th

It’s called a schedule.

1 Like

Anyone know if Roon has said what the lowest version of Android 1.8 will support? DAP’s, tablets, and the like are rarely updated so you tend to get stuck with whatever version of Android was out when you purchased it…

i have got part 2 of 5 Mail :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Doubt they re-hauled playlists. Would be very welcome news if they did though.

1 Like

Oh, you mean focus - added in the last (…) ?

Because I’m pretty sure that won’t go away.

If that’s not what you’re looking for: enjoy Audirvana if it isn’t in 1.8 !

2 Likes

One of the most intriguing parts of the announcement video for me was the modular synth set up behind @enno. :grinning:

8 Likes

It’s the night before Xmas and the children can’t fall asleep.

5 Likes

I haven’t received it, yet. Is it good?

I only get 2 x 4 Albums on an iPad pro 10.5".
How did you manage to show 3 x 7 on a smaller screen?
Regards, Roland

Edit: Found the setting in Setting/general… The german translation is misleading here, indicating the possibility of showing more/alternate cover art for an individual album rather than just showing more/smaller thumbnails in library view…

it explains a bit finding new music by valence.
but not so much news in it

last sentence in the mail:
Tomorrow, we’ll be sharing a preview of the new browsing tools available in Roon 1.8!

has anyone seen what the Compositions page will look like in 1.8?

I moved away from the german translation a long time ago. Apart from dodgy translations, I find it confusing to have German interface and English content… but guess thats OT…

A screenshot of v1.8 from the stereonet.co.uk review. Looks dark to me:

3 Likes

links you to the same „Introducing Roon 1.8“ menu. I dont get the added value of this…

1 Like

Hopefully they’re mostly done preparing for the release and they are taking a breather for a few days before the drop. They will get very busy again as soon as they release!

“Allow for more covers and photos”? Oh. So that’s what it does! :slight_smile:
I am a newbie and English is my second language. Until now, I interpreted that option exactly like your German ways :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Yup. Just received it. It looks like a reminder of what Valence is. Strange to decide this kind of communication with one piece of info everyday. Well, better be patient and wait for the release notes.

I would like to ask the question again as I didn’t receive an answer last time. Is it possible to enlarge a selected element in the new ROON version, e.g. on the cover?
And slide the zoomed photo freely on the tablet screen. Thanks for help.

Just got today’s email. Who says Alexandre Tharaud is one of the top three performers of Brahms? What is the basis for the “fundamental understanding” Roon claims that underlies this assertion?

6 Likes

… Alongside Martha Argerich. Putting a Ford next to a Ferrari :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Already looking forward to that „intelligence“…

4 Likes