Roon 1.8 arrives on February 9th

Most likely mobile access. They have been working on it for a long time now.

Maybe a working search function. That would be earthshattering!

2 Likes

Purple is one of my favourite colours. The hair colour scheme right now is yellow cerise and purple.

1 Like

You mean this?

Walnut plug :+1:

1 Like

I suspect that you will need to be a Tidal or Qobuz subscriber to unlock this feature fully. If you only have a local library, and do not subscribe to either of these services, then I would not be surprised if Focus was constrained to the local library only.

In other words, it would be similar to the situation that exists today for Roon Radio - you need to be a subscriber to at least one of these services to draw upon their resources.

Have never had it, but I know it has a great reputation… Tonight it’ll be my last Gawith 1792… Love the Lakelands…

1 Like

It’s already been stated by the Roonies that the choice of Light or Dark themes remains for 1.8.

While Focus once let you filter and sort the music in your library, it now extends to all the streaming music available on TIDAL and Qobuz, giving you a truly 360-degree view of artists and composers – whether you have their complete discographies in your library or not.

Yes!!! Plus Focus everywhere… 1.8 looks freaking AWESOME

2 Likes

I do not know if it is still the case, but one can register at Qobuz without taking a streaming plan ( I posted that about 2 years ago, but cannot find it back).
In principal that should be enough for discovery, without being able to play of course.

Maybe somebody shoulld test the actual registratin proces at Qobuz.
I have other Qobuz issues on my mind.
Dirk

1 Like

Never had it either.
Inherited some of my Grandads empty tins.
Was always fascinated by them as a boy.

1 Like

Well, isn’t that supposed to be obvious?

Yep that’s the one

You’d be surprised…

I guess I misunderstood you. You are dissatisfied with where it is now?

I can confirm that this works: I’ve had a trial account a while back. Browsing still works on both the Qobuz website and apps AND in Roon. When you try to actually play a track in Roon it will result in an error message.

1 Like

Some time back, before I subscribed to a Qobuz streaming plan, I tried this and it worked. Like was said, you just can’t play tracks without a streaming plan.

Something that was popular in the '70s.

I just tested it a minute ago and it still works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the live demo, Mike, you really feel all the potential of this new version with this demo! Thanks for organising it, it’s more impactful than the newsletters! Love the “what you’ve been listening to” dashboard.

I understand better now why the focus is on this and not other feature requests, it makes sense.

3 Likes