Roon 1.8 arrives on February 9th

I think I misunderstood, lol. I had added a comment prior regarding the 1.8 upgrade about importance of backups and then stated to also disable the auto update setting we are talking about.

I’m not a fan of auto updates and wish it were disabled by default. I never run latest and greatest anything (if I can help it). It’s usually best to stay one or two behind latest (with most things) IMHO, unless there is a major issue etc…

1 Like

Thanks for the demo. It is obvious watching that, that the people working on Roon are diehard fans themselves. So far I could only spot improvements and many of them were things I wish would have been done differently in 1.7. It sure looks like you got it very right. Can’t wait.

6 Likes

@mike demo was awesome, brings home how much work you guys have put it into this version. It’s a big step up. Can’t wait to use it now.

5 Likes

Strongly support the comments regarding the recent live demo - it really shows how the new functionality (especially the Focus and Valence) fit into the overall UI/UX.

Roon have said they might host another demo tonight; it is really worthwhile to sign-up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do you have a hard time seeing just blue on black, or also blue on white. The only colour blindness involving blue of which I was aware is Tritanopia which should make it difficult to distinguish between shades of blue or between blue and green, and not necessarily light blue on a black background.

However, if you suffer from this and find it difficult to see light blue on black then I’m obviously mistaken.

Perhaps we can agree that the ability to configure background and text colours should be provided with more flexibility than the current two non configurable Dark/Light options. I wouldn’t have thought that this would be a difficult enhancement to design.

@mike missed the demo, but I’d love to join one tonight if you do another

Smart move by the Roon team… Probably this will push all the chatter on the forum into a more positive direction.

1 Like

Make sure you sign up! We had a full house earlier :partying_face:

3 Likes

Thankfully it didn’t turn out like this zoom meeting! :rofl:

4 Likes

Yes it was full. Was a good show and a lot to be excited for

1 Like

Ha ha thankfully not :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Those folks are adorable…

1 Like

Did they reveal any improvements to Roon Radio, such as the ability to create a station from multiple sources? (a playlist, several albums, a mix of genres…)

Nope, just more in-depth of what’s been announced. Believe me it’s not a trivial update for this stuff, its like a whole new level of app. No doubt some won’t like it but nothing out there competes at this level and won’t for some time.

Also it showed that your music/library comes first and foremost, then the additional stuff. It’s slick and looks much better.

7 Likes

Kind of excited that tomorrow’s episode is improvements to the classical music experience. The screen shots look neat… I’m imaging Gramophone magazine hooked directly into my audio system :slight_smile:

Psyched to see what is happening there, and that the roonies think the classical experience is worthy of attention.

2 Likes

This like quite a big update that they can hopefully build on over the next year.
I am still very interested in how this will look on mobile

1 Like

Yes me too. I use my phone as primary control.

1 Like

Some of what they showed tonight looked really good for Classical, so you should be excited

Mike

3 Likes

I feel like a kid that can’t wait for Christmas morning to arrive. :smile:

4 Likes