Roon 1.8 arrives on February 9th

I just informed Mrs Sloop, who is using Roon more and more that an update is coming on Tuesday.

“I don’t know anything about that”

“It’s pretty seamless” I said, so this will be a very good test of Roon’s user friendliness as I’ll be in work.

Her main usage is iPhone to ROCK so it will be interesting to see how she gets on.

.sjb

4 Likes

Portable Roon?

I doubt it. That would be “Roon II Go”

1 Like

It’s not gonna happen and TBH not needed. So many other options for listening to music on the go. I need Roon on the go like a fish needs a bicycle.

3 Likes

Do afternoon naps count, will the Tooth Fairy come any quicker :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

No one knows yet , but it’s not uncommon for major Back End infrastructure changes. To be incompatible with Front End apps. Global release synchronization must be a nightmare

It happened to me in most major releases I was involved in, (SQL) db changes notably

I think it’s wise to plan for a “short” Roon outage to achieve the greater goodies

We’ve most got native Tidal or Qobuz to fill the gap if needs be

South Africa is last for everything, I get used to it . Democracy, Vaccines, Roon, Qobuz

My mum said Patience is a virtue :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

I always used dark mode before. But from the photos I have seen of 1.8, I think I like the new light mode. It looks good. Will be able to decide for myself soon.

4 Likes

thanks for your input

1 Like

Yeah, you and I are the only ones commenting on playlist functionality. So unfortunately we’re clearly in the minority. :unamused:

3 Likes

You are most welcome.

Did anyone else stop getting the Roon 1.8 emails after the 3rd one?

Only received e-mail no1 - have seen nothing since!!!

1 Like

the world does not revolve around you

6 Likes

I suspect it’s a weekend thing. Email four today and final one on launch day seems reasonable.

Email 4 (about classical music) went out on Friday.
It ends with “On Monday, we’ll take a look at how Roon 1.8 is personalized for you!”.

2 Likes

AHH, I thought you’d exposed an embarrassing level of innumeracy on my part. Turns out I stopped getting them at number 3.

Edit just found email four on classical in my spam folder, and that’s just what it says.

1 Like

I wish new Roon Remote 1.8 of iPad can run on M1 Mac, I don’t want to install whole Roon package on Mac for only remote function.

I can’t wait! Hopefully all extensions will still function ok. Looking forward to the new user-interface and the Valence AI

I only received the 1st one, and nothing further.

1 Like

Sorry if I have missed the answer to this: the current IOS remote requires IOS11 or above - will there be any change in the minimum IOS spec for the IOS app for 1.8?

1 Like