Roon 1.8 arrives on February 9th

You can have Roon Mobile hassle free. Just setup vpn connection from your remote device to your home and done.

1 Like

My smartphone requires an active wifi connection … Not yours?

Waiting :slight_smile:

Well, still in beta 1.8.

We are in the hands of the app stores publishing the release, as Roon have stated, it’s out of their control…

Yeah, I don’t know why Roon would even consider making remote streaming an official part of the service since it can already be done (if you know what you’re doing) AND there are already so many people who can’t get Roon working properly on their home network so it would be a disaster to try to make it work with all of the crap WAN networks out there, especially since most ISPs severely limit upstream bandwidth.

I think a lot of people who ask for this don’t know what is involved with making it work and all of the potential issue that Roon would have to solve with customer WANs (LANs are much more predictable). And if you know what is involved, you’ve probably already set it up for yourself.

10 Likes

I tried this, but I also had to then be connected to wifi. It doesn’t work on 4g

That’s a nicely and well informed written statement @armandhammer . Absolutely agree with you here.

1 Like

Are we confusing mobile with remote?

Its the 9th and im still waiting!! Will in install automatic when I have the auto update enabled?

Updates are usually released around 9 AM Eastern time.

2 Likes

I suppose this describes the vast majority of Roon users…

iu-2

What will you play with Roon during these hours?

genres are even messier, so messy I don’t even bother. But you can still search by genre. So why not search by label is beyond my understanding

1 Like

Particle physics is beyond my understanding. I’ve learned to live with it. :grinning:

.sjb

I too was thinking that they might kill the lifetime offer with the release of 1.8.
Get it while you can!

It’s not here yet…

You get no argument from me except that I’m pretty sure the Netherlands has got your country beat on the slowest implementation of Covid Vaccines! LOL

it’s not beyond mine though

1 Like

I am waiting for 1.8 …when will the wait be over