Roon 1.8 arrives on February 9th

waiting,waiting,waiting… :joy:

2 Likes

False alarm. That was some other update, I guess.

This might be the wrong advice on the completely wrong time but I can strongly advice to NOT update Roon in the very first second of release. Their servers will be so busey it might take a very long time for the update to complete and for the database to be updated. The chances that anything goes wrong in the first minutes are a tenfold higher then a few hours or even a day later. Just saying.

1 Like

Really? It told you 1.8 was available. I haven’t seen anything like that yet. I’m in the SE too

How do we get the new 1.8 update?

You wait for the app release in the Apple Android app stores. Only then do you activate the update in Roon itself

2 Likes

Yes, unless you’re using a Windows 10 device as your Roon control. In that case, you don’t need to wait on Apple.

2 Likes

Too bad for those not using ROON from a PC nor a Mac :thinking:

Ask Diana Ross, She’s still waiting too.

No hurry here, but if running ROCK, is there a particular way to update?

I think because “it” isn’t here in a sense I understand yet… meaning the US Apple I store is still showing the 5 month ago version 1.7. :slight_smile:

When the Apple gods smile, we shall have an update.

We can but check and recheck, but it is not ours to wonder why…

1 Like

Here in EU, no sign of anything just yet. Not keeping me from using 1.7 however…

Yep, go to settings, and “about” and in there it’ll tell you when an update is available.

2 Likes

ETA, for UK users please ?

1 Like

@ATC_300ASL Impossible to give as it’s dependent and Google Play and Apple stores deploying the updates around the world. All we can do is hurry up and wait.

Good signs, @enno
The other 3 parts also please :slight_smile:

Hello @danny, let me see if I understood correctly: we do nothing with the Synology server itself. The procedure is to update the iOS app and/or the Mac app and that will… order the server to update? Could you walk us through it? Much appreciated. Jorge.

These are simply the emails we got over the past few days.

1 Like

I‘m excited about 1.8, too, but give the guys a break: They‘re based in NYC and we shouldn‘t expect them to wake up and first thing hit the release button before they even had their first coffee yet :wink: It‘s gonna be sometime tonight European time.

1 Like

I know, but they are now publicly posted, just before version will be available.
Nice to see they are awake at the Roon Headoffice and started on this important day.