Roon 1.8 arrives on February 9th

Agreed - or at least I hope there’s a setting to customize the accent color. That blue/purple looks quite bad (to my taste) particularly when it’s the background to sets of album covers as I’ve seen in some screenshots.

1 Like

Is it possible to enlarge covers and artwork from albums in the new Roon 1.8 version?

2 Likes

Roon, you look awesome!

Hit me with your rhythm stick!
Hit me! Hit me!
Je t’adore, ich liebe dich!

10 Likes

this looks awesome!

i was critical of the UI over time which got very burdensome, 1.8 looks really simple and clean, love it

2 Likes

For everyone’s info, myself included, other screenshots that I saw later show that the playback control section has indeed been raised to be further above the iPad app switcher. Great!

2 Likes

I really dig this but all I really really want is for this to include certification of the NAD M33. PLEAAAAASE.

I’m looking forward to it, looks very interesting
:grinning:

Looking good so far - especially the classical improvements.

1 Like

What a wonderful Valentines Day present for my wife! :rofl:

8 Likes

Per @computeraudiophile:

Just got confirmation that version 1.8 won’t initial (sic) support Apple Silicon natively. Rosetta 2 is required.

Looks excellent. Counting down the days to the 9th.

This is great from the GUI (UI) perspective, and the searching and filtering features. I went through the video and the written PR and John’s Darko review. But I could not find anything else aside of the UI changes.

• Is there anything done on database optimization and response? Windows and Linux?
  • Is there anything improved in terms of Streaming SQ?
  • Is there anything improved in the interaction with Qobuz (which had its quirks)

Would be nice to know.

3 Likes

Looks promising. Great. I just hope that ist doesn’t come at the expense of privacy. Thanks.

1 Like

I’d love separate libraries too, so metal isn’t mixed with classical etc

2 Likes

I could not agree more as a classical only music lover. Yet the example shown in today’s announcement of 1.8 for classical fans lists “Violin Concerto No. 1 in A Minor” as the primary heading. You have to look farther down in the listing to see in much smaller print that is by Shostakovich, who should be listed first in the largest print. Why oh why can’t the default major header be Shostakovich?!?

9 Likes

Yeah, I’ve seen it here and there, but I have a feeling it only corresponds to the immediate view, not globally to the entire library. If you look at the Overview start page, no funnel/filter that I can see.

I’m 75 and I can’t wait for the release.

10 Likes

Hoping yet again that this new version has user adjustable typeface.

2 Likes

Well, the video of it looks nice. But how it looks was fine anyway. Discovering music and “intelligence” around that is not giving much value to most people. What Roon need to be doing is delivering better core functionality. For those who use streaming services, Roon need to store our ‘libraries’ up in the cloud, so that a Roon mobile app can access that music on the go, via Tidal or Qobuz under the hood. Add to that a great Carplay/Android car (or whatever it is called) and Roon will be really delivering something lots of people will appreciate. …as for “you like this, you might like that” who cares, not everybody wants to have suggestions, let alone paying for roon to develop better ways of doing suggestions. In fact, can I have Roon without the suggestions ‘intelligence’ for half the price please :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I would love to be able to have separate libraries for family members, but it may never happen so as not to the cut into Tidal and Qobuz family subscriptions.