Roon 1.8 (Build 748/756/763/764) Feedback

Is there a way to remove or collapse this section from the artist overview as there was in 1.7?

9 Likes

How to remove a tag? What does ā€œgoing into the contentsā€ exactly mean?

Yes, all these issues are relevant!

I see them on a PC Screen but not on a smaller Android phone.

Sorry I wasnā€™t very clear.

Enter the tag view for the album, right click the album to select it, then in the ellipsis menu the option appears to remove from tag.

A picture paints a thousand wordsā€¦

1 Like

I canā€™t believe they removed the ā€œShow More Albumsā€ feature ?!
8x3 albums on a 27ā€™ā€™ screen ?! and 5x2 on a regular iPad ?!

So far Iā€™m quite disappointed. Not even one of the basic most wanted features like dealing with boxset releases (different artwork for different disks or parts).

This is an expensive service for you to ā€œjustā€ offer a graphic restyle (removing customization options) when that was not even a most requested feature update.

If you donā€™t care about user opinion, just donā€™t create threats asking ā€œmost wanted new featuresā€.

Hope I can change my opinion somehow in short future.

Thank you.

3 Likes

It occurred to me to try disabling and then re-enabling Qobuz, and that has solved the problem.

2 Likes

Upgraded my SGC i5 sonicTransporter, 2 iPads, iPhone and macBook. No problems with the upgrade. Still playing and learning but so far so good. What about endpoints like my Sonore ultraRendu and Ropieee.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Make Focus an ā€œORā€ operation instead of ā€œANDā€

I completely agree about the UI/UX. But Iā€™m overjoyed that the Discover element is buried rather than getting in the way of my library, which I felt it did in 1.7. Iā€™d prefer to be able to toggle it on and off.

1 Like

I understand how to do the ā€œNOT Tag Aā€ in the focus view and the ā€œNOT Tag Bā€.
How do I do the overall NOT in the focus view?

I have 20 Cover in the Width on my 49" Ultrawide. Scrolling vertically is perfect and normal on Comupters for Decades. Horizontal scrolling was frustrating.
Bigger Covers are great, i do so much work for Coverart so i will see it. In the Bookshelf the Covers are also not so little.

1 Like

See this thread for a workaround while the issue gets addressed.

1 Like

Nice and streamline UI, the ability to do portrait mode in iPad is a very welcome feature. Iā€™m using an iPad Air 2 and Roon 1.7 runs quite smooth and fluid but definitely not 1.8. It is very sluggish when scrolling. I wondering my iPad is underpowered?

I noticed the highlights is in purple colour, thereā€™s no way to change to other colour! The only exception is light and dark mode.

All good with the pc client.
But the andoid app needs way more work.
Favouriting or banning songs should be way easier. Like from the lockscreen.
And roon should be able to use the android device its best properties.
Like with my Ibasso DX300 i can now select 24bit (previously had to set it to 16bit) but max sample rate, mqa and hardware buttons should be suported.
And iā€™m not even mentioning android tv.
Anyway iā€™m not gone pay till all tha tis fixed. If the tidal app can do it prety perfectly than why canā€™t the Roon app.

I agree 100 %. I see no reason not to make the waveform progress bar larger & stretched out as before. I think this feature is very, very useful and a very important Roon-feature.

6 Likes

Very mixed feelings about the new look. The large font used at the top of the pages etc looks very incongruent. Do you have UX designers?

Home page is pretty cluttered, the discover function, which is my go to has been buried.

Overall impression is that it has become cluttered

Hope you fix you servers. The delay in rendering the home page is unacceptable. Why cant this content be cached?

In the classical genre the sub-genres selection has been relegated. I also use this and have to scroll to get to it.

At least the android app appears to connect to the server quickly, no more waiting to find the core.

Overall impression is that I would like to go back to 1.7. At least give configuration options to turn off a lot of the clutter.

6 Likes

Looks to have been fixed by rebooting my computer and re-pointing to the NAS

I love the update! Came to Roon for the metadata, audio quality and tinkering. New interface is finally up to par with 2020ā€™s. Well done. New metadata functionality and focus integration with Qobuz is AMAZING!

Got some bugs with the settings on my iPhone (extensions page) and clicking settings on my late 2009 27ā€ iMac crashes the application. But have full confidence this will be addressed soon!

Only hope one day Roon will move to Electron. Think that would be great!

I cannot seem to edit tracks or credits from the track level 3 dots. Did it get moved somewhere else to edit a track?