Roon 1.8 (Build 806) Feedback

Seeing this a lot today. On a particular artist (Ernest Tubb, having listened to a podcast about him), and the normal content never filled in for three tries in a row. Fourth try it did finally.

I think Valance infrastructure or Tidal API services are slow today.

Welp, got Daily Mixes two days in a row, thought I was doing great compared to others, and then this morning - big pop up message about exploring all of Roon’s new summer release features, like Daily Mixes - and guess what? No daily mixes. Who tests this software?

1 Like

I tried this, also logging in and out of both core and my Windows Roon app, but still not working for me.

1 Like

Apparently we are right now… I’m a software tester, I usually get paid for testing software, not pay to do so…

2 Likes

This is exactly what happened to me.

1 Like

No kidding. Oh well, I can easily live with or without, but I’m not jumping through reboot etc hoops to make it appear. This is on Roon to sort out.

1 Like

That is the big question that I was asking when 1.8 was released…
Big fireworks about Search being better now - for me it is much worse.
Daily Mixes - I don’t have them…

Instead of just having “friends of Roon” it would be so great if critical users from this forum would be included in tests before Roon release big new news.

But I have sadly seen it pretty often that critical comments - that were absolutely true in the past have been walked over or ignored.
Diversify your testers.

3 Likes

Still no native Apple Silicon support :frowning:
@support Any timelines?

1 Like

It’s the middle of winter…

1 Like

In Australia ?

After readings warnings that daily mixes disappear I saved them yesterday as Playlists. Today Daily Mixes are gone.
Looks like there is a bug in that feature because too many were reporting problems. But then, I love the update. The direction is ok.

You and I test this software, apparently.

6 Likes

I have been pretty underwhelmed with Roon updates generally really and certainly couldn’t see what the fuss was about with 1.8, but this latest update is great and shows where things are headed. I like it a lot, it’s a big improvement for me. Thanks.

A new update - a new problem. :frowning:

For me 806 has broken Qobuz playback. Most Qobuz songs take 3-5 minutes to start playback, if they start at all. Never had this issue previous to 806 and all local and Tidal content plays as expected. I noticed when I started 806 the first time it complained that it couldn’t not log in to Qobuz. A few repeated “retry” attempts and it logged in. Not sure if that’s related. I have since logged in/logged out etc.

Anyone else seeing problems with Qobuz playback in 806?

Also, no daily mixes in Tidal or Qobuz for me either…

1 Like

Thanks Roon team for this summer surprise

2 Likes

Not so far. I mostly just play local files but tried some Qobuz new releases and they have loaded and started playing within three seconds. I can try some specific titles if you have them handy.

1 Like

Same happened to me. I would rather they be more aggressive on releases with some small bugs than hold off longer. Microsoft used to do glacier-ly slow releases. Now everyone bashes them for releasing too many features too fast and too buggy.

With Roon, I hope that 1.8 included some back end re-architecting and that releases now come more frequently.

Does “Summer” release imply we will get “Fall” and “Winter” releases?

Does this really matter? I have an M1 mac mini and its fine as a core, just like the old mac mini it replaced. What is the need?

2 Likes

This is an interesting reaction… is that because so much time had passed from 1.7 to 1.8 so your expectations were raised and then not met?

I like this release but 1.8 was a bigger deal i thought… :man_shrugging:

Thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately it’s all Qobuz songs. They just sit there. Half my library is Qobuz so this is pretty much breaking my whole setup. Odd thing is it will eventually start playing but then goes into stall again.