Roon 1.8 (Build 806) Feedback

The playlist timing is not correct. For example if my playlist is 88 minutes it shows 2 hours. It seems to default to 15 mins, 30 mins, 45 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours etc.

Oh and no Daily Mixes for me either

Iā€™m having the same issue but opposite platforms. Local files work fine, but anything from Tidal just hangs like its trying to load the song. Havenā€™t been able to get one to play since the update. Also no daily mixes either.

1 Like

Iā€™m just pulling my hair out over here. Once it starts playing it will play for a short while but then back to just acting like itā€™s loading. Songs seem to eventually load after maybe 3 minutes or so. Strange you are having the same problem but with Tidal.

I think the comment about perfection is re: My Daily Mixes disappearing act.

You have a significant issue that you should open a new thread tagging Support. Something is not right there.

1 Like

Agreed, I edited my comment to be less frustrated sounding :wink:

I started a support thread first thing. Thanks!

I am just so tired of troubleshooting Roon. I have Roon so itā€™s there for me when I need it. But other than 795, it canā€™t do the fundamental job of just playing my library.

2 Likes

I saw the daily mixes two days ago when I upgraded. Then they disappeared yesterday. Today they are back and Iā€™m enjoying them. However, three of my mixes are heavy metal. Out of everything I listened to yesterday, only a few were heavy metal. Itā€™s not my genre of choice. The other mixes are pretty spot on though so Iā€™m happy.

Yeah, insanely frustrating. Hopefully they fix this ASAP. 99% of my tracks are Tidal, so Roon is useless to me until this is solved. Tidal app works just fine for what its worth.

1 Like

Yeah half my library is Qobuz. I just tested it again and it took nearly 5 minutes to load a track. After that I could skip tracks and Qobuz tracks would playā€¦until they stopped again and it was back to the same problematic behavior.

Hello,

I experienced a similar issue last night using the iOS app. The behavior I was seeing included:

• Track not starting, just sitting at 0 seconds even though I was in Play mode
  • Track begins to play but after a few seconds, it just stops and will not continue
  • When a track is skipped, the next track does not begin playing

Iā€™m pretty sure this was happening with both Tidle and Qobuz tracks. I wonder if it is related to Playlists and not Albums. I was able to get Albums to begin playing and also skip to next tracks.

Thanks, Phil

1 Like

The need is not having to install hardware emulator.
There are additional benefits to have native code: stability, security, performance.

For full disclosure, i just started having playback issues on Tidal. Playback stopped after song ended. Next Song button queues up song, but nothing happens. 10 skipped song on Queue.

I am hardwired in to a reliable network.

1 Like

I appreciate the input. However, Iā€™ve been running off of WIFI since Iā€™ve had Roon. Tidal and local work fine. Qobuz app works fine. Low latency cloud gaming works fine. Iā€™m getting a 2ms ping with zero packet loss and zero jitter and 800mpbs sec over WIFI 6. I think the wifi should work just fine.

Rebooted core. Qobuz played about 3 songs and then went back to the stalling behavior.

Crazy enough, I just clicked play and it started working again! Maybe they cut you off and gave it to me?? lol

1 Like

Overall if Roon can make the mixes work well its a basic start.
As a service that only delivers content rather than actually providing it has a long way to go.

If I look at the sheer amount of curated content from Apple e.g
If you like x artist
Made for you
Stations for You
Plus all the genres plus moods, it all content I can jump right into based on what I seem to like, Itā€™s the same on Spotify, and both also provide the content in the cost.

Based on this , nice mini release, Roon has a mountain to climb to match the other providers.

Iā€™ve been seeing it work at random and as soon as I think maybe itā€™s ok, it stalls again. Super happy for this to somehow be only my problem and something with my environmentā€¦and not a Roon problemā€¦but Iā€™m not holding my breath.

1 Like

Thanks, I meant more in the Roon and M1 Mac specific sense. Rosetta 2 installs automatically and i have rarely seen performance problems with it. So it was curious to me that you felt it a priority. I really want native for Lightroom from Adobe as the performance will make a big difference. For Roon, i have not really thought about it.

@danny has said they are working on it but it is a low priority in another thread.

Definitely seems like a back-end problem on Roonā€™s side. The other thing I noticed, I was missing playlist art and album art in the Tidal section. They are all back and much snappier when loading. I didnā€™t change anything on my side after the initial trouble shooting.

3 Likes

I wish there was a health check screen for the Roon back end servers, Red-Yellow-Green. Metadata server is having troubleā€¦ Tidal API acting flakeyā€¦ etc. More visibility

4 Likes

The new search function is great, but the daily mixes doesnā€™t show on the home screen.

Try to find them using the great search function? :innocent:

1 Like