Roon 1.8 (Build 806) Feedback

Yep, that worked for me.

Loving the new update
Daily mixes are brilliant
Thank you all :+1:

You and I must have the same music preferences, my screen looks identical.

Itā€™s a bit weird as I had mostly been listening to heavy metal and Doom metal for several weeks, but it picked the artists from the one day I had a quiet listening day, which would have been last Sunday.

Saying that they are all excellent and Well up in my fav bands, so Scott you have excellent taste :grin:

1 Like

Crashes on both iPad and iPhone both running current iOS. This is a real pain as I use my iPad as the control for Roon almost all the time rather than one of my computers which will not be anywhere that I do my listening.

Hi,

I donā€™t use dedicated M1 Mac for Roon. It is a control, local listen station.
I just wish they accelerated the ROON recompilation/testing on M1 Mac.

1 Like

I was having the same issues as you. I have a hard wired Nucleus and this behaviour was very frustrating. In the end I replaced my broadband supplier modem with a Netgear Orbi system which gave my network both wired and wireless a new life. Everything is fast and no dropouts at all.
My old router was struggling with the number of wifi devices in total and was causing issues on the wired devices. I guess the router was almost maxed out.

Iā€™m having some difficulty with the new Bootlegs section. When I edit my albums to mark them as bootlegs, the albums will no longer sort by release date. They appear in a random order in the Bootlegs section. This is the case on the Android app, and on Windows 10 64 bit on my Microsoft Surface Pro. Core is running on Nucleus +. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Using Roon a lot, best investment ever, had some ipad problems where Roon died suddenly, hopefully this will be gone now. BUT!
Still having problems with returning to the same point where I opened an album (iPAd ios, latest), W10 core. For example;
Tidal > Explore > Genres > Folk/Americana > New Albums > Open an album and play. Change fokus to Facebook or turn off iPad. Open Roon on iPad again, press < to go back to New Albums - and BANG, Iā€™m back on the Tidal Explore page, not back to New Albums! This is freakin annoyingā€¦

Another problem which I have reported several times is still there; Browsing and playing albums in my library. My Albums > Scroll down a mile or so, have a lot of albums there > Open an album and play > Change fokus to Facebook or turn off iPad. Open Roon on iPad again, press < to go back to where I left off > BANG, Iā€™m BACK ON TOP of the page, not where I left off way further down in the album list!
This is more than freakin annoyingā€¦

Sorry for the rantā€¦!
/are

Daily mixes disappeared today for me. They have been there every day since the update. Roon has been in near constant use all week. Tidal MyMixes still present.

1 Like

I have found a similar behavior sometimes when being signed in to Qobuz from multiple devices, in my case multiple servers. Signing out everywhere, restarting the Roon Core (or if not possible on a software level, rebooth your hardware), and signing in again via Roon usually fixes this for me. Once itā€™s working again you can sign in elsewhere again.

1 Like

From screenshots and comments Iā€™ve seen on here everyone is getting Agnus Obel and Dead Can Dance in their Daily Mix lists.

I donā€™t listen to either of these artists, but when I was getting Daily Mix lists (not working now) these two artists were very heavy in a couple of the mix lists.

ā€¦at least if you stream an item the artist will reap the (miniscule) benefitsā€¦

Biggest trouble with reporting issues on Roon is, that as soon as one posts about a problem - it causes an immediate backlash from users stating that they do not have the problem and it must be my fault. My network, library, hairdo :smiley:
Had this when covers suddenly changed after an update (donā€™t remember which one), Discography not showing, Search function sucking
Strangely being persistent and vocal about the problem at some point actually got results.
magically the problem was fixed after an updateā€¦ So obviously not my personal problem,

So now I have the ā€œsearch sucks even moreā€ problem after the latest update - letā€™s hope and see that this problem gets solved. Even though I am probably the only one that experiences it - ok not true, there are few other lunatics with the same problem - maybe they also have the same hairdo :sweat_smile:

This results in people not writing about problems, or quickly giving up. Since nobody wants to be the village idiot.

Roon - Search really sucks (big time)

6 Likes

If I remember correctly, you changed your DNS and things started working for you. ā€œResultsā€ did not involve a fix in Roon. It involved a fix on your network.

Oh, here it is:

No, you do not remember correctly - the problems stayed and were fixed by a later update.
My DNS was not good, but that was not the cause. After you had left the thread, I had posted quite a few times, that it still did not work reliably - and after an update magically one morning it worked and has worked ever since. If you search you can actually find my posts :innocent:
That is the good thing about the internet - it does not forget.

We explicitly discussed your case and determined that your issue was DNS. We changed nothing that could have fixed your discography issues. That code wasnā€™t touched.

actually here is a post after that update which fixed the issue:

I am not an expert, but did you not change something in the timing for connections in that update?

As I wrote before - I had a problem - then there was an update and it was fixed.
No idea why.

All the help before did not fix the problem and there actually was a lot of help from @danny

So who knows maybe by fixing one thing in the code something else also got fixed, happens often enough vice versa.

The placebo effect is strong. Nothing in that release could have possibly fixed discography not showing up. That release was all about avoiding a situation where TIDAL CDN returned bad data. There were some other unrelated fixes in there too. Iā€™m telling you we didnā€™t do anything about discography not loading for you.

I am an expert and I exactly know what went into that release because it was a tiny quickfix release.

Discography loads from our servers, not TIDALā€™s CDN. The TIDAL CDN issue triggered after downloading tens of megabytes. The discography data is no where that large. Totally different code to stream audio vs getting query results about discography.

1 Like