Roon 1.8 (Build 806) Feedback

Perhaps… :face_with_thermometer:

The new feature Daily Mixes is missing in action. Took multiple restarts, reboots of everything in the system to make them appear yesterday, but they are missing again today. Other ‘fixes’ that are stated to have been done - like scroll position - still don’t work correctly.
But the really odd thing that I noticed today is that ‘recent activity - played’ is about 6 days off. Stuff I played from last Saturday is there, but nothing from the last couple days. Seems another ‘new feature release’ is fraught with even more bugs.

I hate release 806. It’s ruined my life. The fonts are still wrong. The colors are still wrong. The shapes are still wrong. The Daily Mixes suck. Search sucks. Everything sucks. In fact, Roon is the worst piece of software ever written in the history of mankind. People should be jailed.

I hope my sarcasm will encourage some to lighten up.

Roon works great for me, or in other words, as good or better than any other tech in my life, and I’d consider myself expert in the subject. To those who seem constantly and infinitely disappointed: perhaps your expectations of what a company of Roon’s size can and can’t do are out of whack? Or maybe your understanding of the complexities of global IP networks is lacking?

Because a lot of the complaints I see here - and I’ll defer of course to Danny et. al. - are almost certainly due to factors beyond Roon’s control - no matter how much we may want it otherwise.

2 Likes

This is the pattern I’m seeing. I expect to see mine in the morning and they will be gone on Sunday.

Being such an expert as you said yourself, can you please explain to those who can’t find what they are looking for via the search function or to those who can’t see the Daily Mixes, how can they control it? (hint, i just figured out this one a few posts above: blame it on the DNS!)

1 Like

Since updating to build 806 my Roon Radio has stopped working. It looks like its ready to play the first Roon Radio song, but it just hangs and says nothing playing. Any ideas how to fix this?

My experience with 806: Search does not return the expected results. Daily mix does not show up.

1 Like

How long are you guys letting Build 806 burn in before doing any critical listening?

5 Likes

At least 20 hours, those lines of code need to learn how to flow.

4 Likes

Thanks for that, really made me laugh :grinning:

1 Like

3 days in they have absolutely made them work already. At least for me. They are splendid. But I have used Roon for the last 2 years so it knows me. I’m sure Apple and Spotify do their jobs fine as well.

Your habit of duplicating artist names was always a bit daft…

…but now it’s just plain ****ing ridiculous…

…and another thing - none of this stuff was ‘Added by Chris’. If it was, I would already know that, because that’s me. But it wasn’t. Please declutter.

This does indeed happen… go away from Roon for more than a few seconds, and the iPad app has forgotten its position in an overview. Very annoying.

Is that because the app is being closed by iPad OS ?
If I keep the screen on it works fine, as soon as it closes and goes to sleep then it has to reconnect to Roon and you lose what you were doing.
Gone back to using my OnePlus 9 Pro as my remote now, because it is annoying

1 Like

Today was not the day for my Daily Playlist.
Although there yesterday & the day before, missing today.

An interesting feature, with some complicated computing to provide for each consumer, but needs further testing to harden the functionality.
A Beta program, no less.

1 Like

Roon just continues to get better and better !

Daily playlist - really good addition.
TIDAL page looking a lot better, and the daily mixes another good bonus.

Overall great update.

2 Likes

And who the heck are “The Stills”?

Oh my…

Anyone notice since the update…that Roon has the wrong song information such as lyrics of the song that is playing? For example, I had the wrong track and lyrics specified on my screen (Mac Mini) versus what was actually playing. I took a look at the actual track data and location and it was correct (Innuos Server). But the interface of Roon on the Mac Mini seemed to have got the track wrong.
I am running a i7 ROCK Core with an Innuos server and was playing Roon on a Mac mini desktop.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Now Roon is unusable. It displays in some compressed screen format

But today, I have Daily Mixes.

Shame half of the content are selected from Qobuz, which won’t play and skipped.