Roon 1.8 (Build 806) Feedback

exactly. managing digital libraries demands it.

1 Like

Where can one find this “best practices” list? Thanks in advance!

Thanks! I’ve probably read all of the articles in there that apply to my case. I thought there was a different, definitive best practices list. And since networking has been evidently the single most likely source of problems, maybe Roon can recommend routers, access points, etc. and their respective settings. I understand they can’t do anything with the bandwidth, but I’m seeing users here with 100 Mbps to gigabit internet connection and still get these “networking” problems. I changed my networking hardware a couple of months ago to cater to Roon. It IMPROVED my wireless connection in the house EXCEPT for Roon, which seems to lose connection to my endpoints (all wireless). With the updates, I don’t get the playback issues I used to have. But Apple device remotes are still touch and go.

And yes, I’ve read this one, too: https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/networking-best-practices

Agree, all of these “improvements” are part of TIDAL services already. I am wondering why to pay Roon and Tidal for same music

1 Like

My Daily Mixes are back :grinning:
However they still include selections from Qobuz, which for me, as my Qobuz Account/login doesn’t provide Streaming content, so these tracks are skipped and don’t play.
The content exists either on Tidal or in many cases my local library, so it is a shame to have the mixes but not be able to play all the tracks selected. :disappointed:

Don’t try do anything that you want to do, and you’ll be happy with roon (practice number 1)!

2 Likes

Why would you take network advices from the guys who wrote maybe the most network sensible application that is?

If you need to change your network gear (modem, router, switch or whatever) in order to make an application behave, there is definitively something wrong with the application, not with the network. (full disclosure my problems with roon networking were minimal, still i had one or two which none of the other software i use has)

3 Likes

Back to build 806 feedback: When I click on a Daily Mix, I can’t seem to play a track in the playlist. I have to hit Play now and then go the queue and hit Play from here on the track. Anybody else having this problem? Thanks!

True. I wonder if they could develop an emulator or app to test if a network is good enough for Roon.

Yes, I’ve noticed this, but it seems to have been fixed.

Try rebooting your Core.

I had to reboot today to reaquire the ‘Daily Mixes’. After that, the Play button worked as it should.

1 Like

There are lots and lots of features in Roon that the Tidal app does not have, but if you don’t need them and the Tidal app does all that you need, then Roon might not be a good solution for you. That’s just fine, and you can save the money.

For others like me, Roon’s database features are indispensable.

That’s nonsense, a lot of things work despite a dodgy network. More professional applications require things to be correct, and we all benefit too. Get the network right and you won’t regret it. This is the foundation going forward.

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Roon’s database features are indispensable

I noticed that Play From Here doesn’t work on the Daily Mixes also. It does work if you save it as a playlist first and then do it from the playlist. I like your solution better. I’ve been adding a mix to the queue and then manually skipping to get to the track I want. Doh! I’ll use your solution next time. Thanks!

2 Likes

Enjoyed a great track selection in the Daily Mix streams last night. Sometimes, I like to let others do the driving.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Trouble with Roon

I have occasional freezes of my Roon remote app on Android since the update. Nothing serious, but still annoying and it didn’t happen before at all.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+

Hi Mikael, can you describe what you mean specifically? I find scrolling choppy on the iPad, and I don’t know whether to request smoother scrolling as a feature or put in a support ticket. For me, the display scrolls somewhat smoothly but then jumps a little every few seconds. I had thought it was a problem with my old model iPad, but I’ve now found the same behavior on the newest iPad Pro as well.

For me the jumpy scrolling behavior started with 1.8. It occurs on both older and newer Apple devices. It’s very irritating.

1 Like