Roon 1.8 (Build 880) Feedback Thread

Same issue here. Open Roon on Android, shows Core as 1.8 and “This Phone” as 1.8. Roon forces option to check for an update on Google Play but won’t open the Roon app. Click on update anyways, then Open and it goes right back to Software Updated screen. I have reinstalled on Android but makes no difference.

1 Like

Update went smooth for me (ROCK in Proxmox, RopieeeXL endpoint and remote on Pixel 6).

Roon Remote seems to be running slightly smoother now on my Pixel 6 (had the same performance issues on my OnePlus Nord btw), though it’s still pretty much the only stuttery app on my phone unfortunately.

For the rest no issues so far and happy with the update!

Some nice features in the new release, but still no ability to disable all the stats clutter on the Home screen? The new Roon playlists look good, but I have to scroll past 3 blocks of stats content to reach them on my iPad. If I want a Home screen with endless scrolling, then the Spotify app has got that covered. Would be great if we could toggle availability of each section and also adjust order.

5 Likes

I’m having the same darn issue….Sonos devices are fine but my bluesound Roon ready, chromecast etc are no longer visible. They are all still in the setup page though and I can play to them using non Roon software. Frustrating

After the update Roon is crashing randomly during playback on Windows 11 with the following error:
Exception Message: get_spec_aspect requires a non-zero width and height

at ..\ui\queue.broo:4132 [ae96d8:005b] equation
at ..\ui\queue.broo:4148 [ae8a0b:0007] equation

I can send the full logs if needed.

It’s acknowledged and being worked on. Has to do with port numbers and UPnP. If you have more than seven Sonos and/or Chromecast zones, you see only seven and then you see no other zones. If you want a temp fix, disable Sonos zones until you get under seven until they fix it, at least that worked for me.

Here’s the thread where they are working it, if you want to get into the networking underlying the issue its linked to in there. You have to read the whole thread to get to where they’ve diagnosed it and acknowledged they are working on it.

1 Like

Thanks Johnny……looks like I’ll just wait. Greatly appreciate the reply

1 Like

Everything seems to have gone well here with Nucleus+ and Roon Remote on an iPad and Windows 10.

Interestingly, according to the admin interface, Roon database and settings has gone from 29% of 114 GB available, to 42%. Quite some shrinkage in the database size, although the number of albums is still the same.

After the announcement of the release of Roon 1.8 my system went offline. It’s asking for updates to my computer and my phone. I am more interested in streaming music than web-based tools and my computer organises many other things in my home apart from music streaming. Before I download whatever it needs I would like to be sure it won’t mess with all my other systems. I would hate to lose Roon but can’t run my life at home without the computer talking to my printer, alarm, TV, car charger, heating system… I could go on but it would be boring. Any comments would be appreciated.

It looks like I cannot hide\unhide albums anymore.
Even the function delte albums doesn’t seem to work.

Roon updating doesnt affect your computer just Roon. It’s not going to change how your printer works or anything else other than Roon.

yep, i read that. But it was fine before this update.

only thing that worked was reinstalling roon and starting over with a fresh database.

lost history, album edits, playlists, audio zones.

Would be nice if Roon had a “database analyzer” that one could run beforehand to find issues before a new update destroys everything.

Still can not update my Fire HD 10 Pro Tablet, still showing the old version 831 and no where to update, if I go to the play store it says installed, and only shows devices avalible to isntal on is my Samsung phone, and hp Tablet.

I have tried uninstall install ect… reboted core x num time…

I am assuming the push to Amazon App store is delayed some how or still under review??

again love the new features, and the work

My Roon Rock just got killed by the latest update. The database is corrupted and I have to revert to a backup. What is going on?

Exact same issue here. Roon core is on one Windows 2012r2 server. I made a restore from an old backup. 10 minutes later…same issue… HELP !!

There are at least 3 people with the same issue. I don’t think we are talking about a real database/hard drive failure. I think there is a compatibility issue with some Windows versions, hardwares,… Can you please revert to the previous version of ROON?

1 Like

Nicely done @danny @enno and team! Thanks for the holiday cheer! All went smoothly for me with my Roon Nucleus and various control devices. Heck, even the SQ seems better!

2 Likes

Windows 11 Core server

Remotes:

Windows 10 Surface tablet
Windows 11 Laptop
RPi4 - diet pi, roon bridge
Rpi3b+ - Ropieee
iPad Air (old) - Roon Remote app
Samsung Note 10 - Roon Remote Android app
Stack Audio Link II
All working with no issues, all those that needed updates got them.

Hello Roon team. Incredible update, smooth interface, enhanced search etc., kudos!

Some of us are still concerned that the scrolling issue on the Apple Magic Keyboard has still not be fixed. We are wondering if you’re hearing our voices, it’s definitely an immense pain point. Please seriously consider fixing this issue - not sure why there’s been a lot of push back on this small fix. So team let’s just fix this once and for all, you’ll surely make Roon users very happy.
All the best.