Roon 1.8 (Build 923) - Feedback

Scrolling on Android is still wrong, it mostly seems to under respond to purposeful up or down flicks, as I normally hold the phone, it will sometimes get the message that I want it to scroll a screen or 2 at once, but most of the time it only moves a little bit, leading to lots of repeated swipes. It’s how I remember iPhones doing scroll, not how Android does it, and it’s the only app on the phone that feels like this, it’s quite annoying.

1 Like

Disappointing that the shuffle icon in the queue screen is still difficult to decipher in light mode. I asked this to be a darker colour on several occasions. At 72, my eyes aren’t great and I struggle to discern if it’s set or not. Please make it black or red. Not a lot to ask is it?

Yep, I really like the Chromecast screen, too.

Everytime I see a picture like that of MacIntosh electronics, it makes me wish I had one. They just look so cool.

I’ve seen this behavior, as well. After a software update Roon Radio is automatically turned on when I had it set to off.

Maybe read the release notes, the number of things that are “wrong “ is quite high. Roon chooses the priority to fix them.

If it ain’t in the release notes, it’s not fixed so there is little point highlighting what isn’t fixed.

I will be fixed in due course. Roon’s releases are becoming more frequent as they clear up small bugs as opposed to creating new features. This to me is a good sign .

1 Like

The release notes say they improved this …

“We’ve also made a number of additional enhancements to scrolling behavior on mobile devices. Users should now experience scrolling behavior in Roon that is much more consistent with other apps.”

Which is why I mentioned it.

In my case, the Roon Radio button is missing altogether. Oops, nope that’s wrong. It is on the queue screen, but wasn’t it on the now playing screen previously as well? (don’t use RR much)

None of the scrolling issues on IOS (iPad) have been fixed. Still have the ‘jump up, jump back’ scenario.

1 Like

My Roon now crashes every 20-30 minutes after this “upgrade”, just listening to music… Very frustrating as I had a 12-month old ticket to solve Roon crashing upon loading new songs into my library.

A big move backwards for a lifelong member not in a terribly happy place.

2 Likes

Please can the bit depth be re-instated on the track detail display? It now just shows the sample frequency and whether it’s 2ch or presumably more - or can this be configured to users choice please?

example-with-channels-not-bit-depth-Screenshot 2022-03-29 174454

The bit depth does show in album listings so the information is there from Qobuz

Thanks v. much

(Updated - Now showing bit rate as well - thanks for the fast response dev team :slight_smile: )

WOW! and I mean WOW!

The improvement in the sound quality with build 923 is just stunning! Everything sounds so much more like full 100% analog, it’s absolutely amazing. Oh I believe that I spoke too soon since I just realized that I’m actually listening to a record. Sorry about that. Please disregard this post. :crazy_face: :wink: :rofl:

13 Likes

No one is ever going to be happy with computer play back as there are 10000s of different configurations… And it’s impossible to please everyone…
I’m a Roon user from the early days… I’m only interested in top notch sound quality output…
For me Exellent every time

4 Likes

Scrolling in Albums is only with slight hiccups when scrolling down (A to Z) and very jaggy when scrolling up (Z to A). iPad 9th gen.
May be this helps when finding what is going wrong.

1 Like

This may be because there may have been no changes to SQ in the last several upgrades.

I don’t recall reading of any changes to SQ in recent release notes. But then again I may have missed it.

1 Like

Perfectly fine for me on my Pixel 4, lovely and smooth have no issues at all, seems to follow my gestures well.

The sad fact is noone at roon cares…

I fear you may have missed that @Andreas_Philipp1 had his tongue firmly stuck in his cheek :wink:

2 Likes

Have you made a request for help in the support category?

Ha! Darn it!

I am laughing at myself. Thanks for pointing this out to me. :man_facepalming:

4 Likes