Roon 1.8 (Build 923) - Feedback

6music still dropping out with Sonos endpoints

I get a lot of ā€œflickeringā€, jumping pictures and digital artifacts when scrolling in History and other windows. Have not seen this in previous version.

Mac Powerbook, OS 10.13.6, ROON Server: NUC Intel NUC Frost Canyon Tall I7-10710U

1 Like

Iā€™ve noticed when viewing an album, scrolling through the tracks is now jerky. I was smooth before b923. :frowning:

EDIT: Suddenly, scrolling became smooth again viewing album tracks. Weird!

The last Powerbook was discontinued in 2006, so this speaks to the longevity of Mac hardwareā€¦ Unfortunately, though, MacOS older than 10.14 is not supported by Roon and advised against.

1 Like

As others mentioned, scrolling behavior is very jerky. Scrolling albums in ā€œnew releases for youā€ for example. Hopefully this can sorted in the next release.

Works well so far. Web interface as well as Chromecast display much improved, unfortunately still no full screen mode on iOS. Do not have scrolling issues on my iPhone or iPad.

For some reason as of about 12 hours ago I noticed that most images are missing, or will take forever to load. Qobuz seems to have about 2% success rate in showing an image, especially an album cover. I have switched settings to prefer local so at least my local library is loading properly, but this seem quite broken at the moment.

Build 923 working well for me. Iā€™m at the mother-in-lawā€™s house using my Dell laptop Roon core and Mojo 2 DAC. I find it works best using my iPhone as a Roon bridge instead of a USB connection out of the Dell. Only problem is, Iā€™m burning through a boatload of Verizon data.

2 Likes

Anyone else noticed starting playback from pause is taking some time to engage? Not had this before have a ticket it but wondered if anyone else has noticed. It can vary in length to.

6 Likes

My bad, it is not a Powerbook, it is a MacBook Pro. But I will update to 10.14 and see if it works better.

1 Like

@CrystalGipsy - Same issue hereā€¦

Still nothing on the now playing screen to allow you to identify the playlist currently playing - or any way to get to the playlist currently playing

Simple solution: show the playlist name on the now playing screen and make it clickable

5 Likes

Interesting. I briefly observed this behaviour yesterday in my office setup (RPi with Ropieee, Flirc dongle and IR remote) but did not think much of it because it disappeared after a while.
I just tried to replicate the issue with the following observations:

• No problem with either local music or Qobuz when exclusively using the app
  • No problem with local music when using the IR remote
  • The issue starts to occur when playing music from Qobuz and using the IR remote. The music stops immediately using the remote but there is a short pause before music starts playing again (after pressing play on the remote). It is only a short moment but the pause seems to get longer every time I press pause and then play on the remote. The behaviour is the same when using the remote to pause music and the app to start playing again.

It seems the issue is related to Qobuz/ streaming services and IR dongle, at least in my system.

I have not tested this in my main system (Waversa streamer and Harmony remote).

EDIT: after further testing of scenario 3 above, the pause seems to correlate to the elapsed time of a song. I.e. at the beginning of a song pause/play works without almost no delay, but the delay gets longer as the song progresses. Towards the end of a song it takes several seconds for the music to engage. Again, this only happens with Qobuz and the IR remote.

I just rebooted my Rock core and itā€™s cleared the issue for now. Will observe if it returns.

Interesting. I just rebooted my ROCK (and ropieee) and am still seeing the behaviour above.

Thanks. Then I will reboot my core this evening as well.

I only run IOS devices. No issues. Which device are you using?

Nope, no delay here.

Funnily enough, I did notice the delay and I also noticed that, post-reboot, the delay had gone!

2 Likes

I agree. This is frustrating - when I come back the next day to continue playing a playlist from where I left off and canā€™t remember which of TIDALā€™s playlists I was listening to.

1 Like