Roon 1.8 (Build 923) - Feedback

I have written 6 support requests before and each of them expired unresolved… wondering whether I have the energy for one more :thinking:

1 Like

Good grief, I can only share your frustration.
I guess the only reassurance we can take is that Roon have attempted to resolve the problem in the last couple of build releases, hopefully there will be more success in the very near future.

Thanks Paul, patience is indeed the key! No point in ranting or getting upset. Life’s too short.

2 Likes

Reboot hasn’t cleared the delay issue it’s back. And as observed by another user it changes dependant on where in the song you unpause from which indicates some delay in the seek command to resume playback.

2 Likes

Is it affecting all files or just streaming services?

For me, 923 works flawlessly on

iMac (2020) also Core
MacBook Pro 14"
Samsung Galaxy 20 Note Ultra
iPhone 13 Pro Max

I’m using an OnePlus 6, just tried it on my wife’s Pixel 6, it’s much better on the Pixel, but still not great. It seems to be OK (but not great) with slower swipes, but faster swipes seem to be processed as very small slow swipes, so when you want to move a lot quickly it does the opposite of what you want.

Klas, I have an iMac from 2012 (Quad-core Core i5, 8 GB RAM) running macOS 10.15.7. I use this as Remote, and it is working very well. Scrolling is perfectly smooth in all screens mentioned here by users with problems. So yes, first thing I would try is update your MacBook Pro to a recent and supported macOS. On old MacBook Pro (late 2013) running Big Sur, Roon is also working without problem.

Not tested local yet but affects Tidal and Qobuz content.

Yes! Just tried this with a Tidal track, and restart took about 15 seconds.

1 Like

A few people have made this comment but I don’t see what has changed from the previous version. Is there a comparison image somewhere?

Yeah, I have noticed the same issue.

Everything is working for me perfectly. Intel NUC running Core, Windows PCs, iPhone, iPad for Remotes. I continue to be a happy camper.

First of all I listen to the music in my library and Qobuz and I can’t comprehend all these issues I read about in these amount.
But I also don’t look about all the errors all the time
My system is:
Rock on 5th generation NUC
3 ropieee (pi3)
Yamaha AVR connected via hdmi to the NUC
AirPlay to 2 ATV
2 IPad 7th generation
iPhone 12
Apple Watch SE with RooWatch

Agree… most services and apps show the playing Playlist, has been a Roon gap for a long time IMO.

1 Like

No issues with the update. Like the full edge to edge now playing display on Laptop and IPAD 12.9 (quality and size of the photo does make a big difference - with no filler).

Started a selection from Your Daily Mixes yesterday morning and left it playing over night in the office. It’s still going with Radio selections after 24 hours. Doesn’t always keep going, guess it depends on the music.

Edit: shortly after adding this post I notice the music had quite playing at the end of the current selection. Probably close to the 24 hour mark, one side or the other. The progress bar was at the end but the playing indicator was still gyrating The next selection box was displayed with thumbs up/down. Waited a minute or two then hit thumbs up. The selection was added to the queue but didn’t start. Hit the next button and off it went and has continued from there with new radio selections.

OK, so it isn’t perfect. It’s a glitch I’ve seen before so not related to this update.

1 Like

Yes, same here with Qobuz. There is a long delay starting a track from pause.

1 Like

@support any comment on the play delay we are experiencing ?

3 Likes

Just to confirm I see this issue too. It is intermittent and somewhat unpredictable. It also just stops playing, but the pause bars are still up (i.e. indicating it thinks it is playing) at the end of some tracks.

However, I am not seeing this as a new problem with the latest build. The oddities around delays after a pause, stopping play at the end of songs, mysteriously skipping songs - Roon has been doing this for as long as I can remember. We just live with it.

1 Like

Not for me this is new to this build, never had any issues with playback like this.