Roon 1.8 (Built 935) crashing IPhone with iOS 15.4.1

Roon Core Machine

Mac Mini Late 2014 Running latest OS (Monterey)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

FritzBox 6490 Cable

Connected Audio Devices

Auralic Aries

Number of Tracks in Library

10000 tracks

Description of Issue

Hi,

using Roon software ( Version 1.8, built 935) is constantly crashing on my iPhone.

I have updated software on my Roon Core ( which is a Mac Mini late 2014, Intel Core)

My Roon core is running the latest Roon software ( version 1.8, built 936), but somehow My iPhone was not updated when running system updates on my core…

Question: how do I get my Roon software on my iPhone Updated ? (

I suspect, if I get the IPhone ( which is also running latest software I.e IOS 15.4.1 - I will try to include a screen shot, ) than the problem of my Roon software on my IPhone constantly crashing could be solved ?)

1 Like

The Apple Store has not posted the 936 version of Roon for iOS yet, at least not in the US. I received the 935 update only this morning. I hope it solves your problem but 936 was only a minor update for searching.

I have seen other posts where iPhone users have reduced or eliminated crashes by uninstalling the iOS app and reinstalling it. Not sure if you tried this or if it may help you.

936 is not for mobiles and tablets, but for PC, MAC, Linux, ROCK and Nucleus only.
Read the software release notes, please!

@Robert_F Thanks - tried deleting and reinstalling twice now. It seem to have worked now, second time round. Also after reading more of the posts …. Roon should create an IPhone topic list, not only an IPad list.

1 Like

@Marin_Weigel Thanks for your hint ! Sorry, I did somehow not manage to find the software release notes…

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: iOS devices crashing shortly after startup [See staff post]