Roon 1.8 - Defining Apple TV Audio Sources - Constantly Prompted for AirPlay Passcode

Roon ROCK 1.8 (build 764)
MacBook Pro 16" (2019) - macOS Catalina 10.15.7
iOS 14.4

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Roon ROCK connected to Cisco Catalyst 3560CG
2 different Apple TV devices - AppleTV 4K (64 GB) - connected via Wi-Fi - Ubiquiti Networks UniFi AC Pro access points

Description Of Issue

I tried enabling both Apple TV devices as Audio Zones. I have the AirPlay passcode requirement completely disabled on both Apple TVs.

As soon as I try to enable either device, the Apple TV pops up an AirPlay passcode. I enter the passcode into Roon (either on my laptop or on my iPhone), then click OK.

Any time I try to select one of the Zones containing an Apple TV, the Apple TV is prompting me with a new AirPlay passcode and Roon is challenging me to enter the passcode.

I can not play any music through the Apple TV. It never finishes negotiating the AirPlay security. I’m not even sure why I’m being challenged for the passcode since it’s disabled.

Hello @JeffH ,

On the Apple TV, if you go to Settings > AirPlay and click on Airplay Everyone, you will see Security below. This might show Require Code First Time Only but should be changed to a Password. Can you give this a try and let us know if it helps?

Hello,

Yes - that helped. I actually found another post that recommended the same thing, so I tried afterwards and I was able to get Roon to pair with my AppleTV.

Thanks for your response!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.