Roon 1.8 is great

The new version is absolutely great - thanks girls and guys :grinning:

82 Likes

All good for me too :+1:

11 Likes

I am very happy with 1.8.

7 Likes

Of course there are a few glitches here and there, but overall: I love it too!

9 Likes

Great from my point of view. UI much easier to navigate and more intuitive. Thanks Roon team!

8 Likes

I read some of the threads in this community and Iā€™m dismayed. Yes, I agree Roon 1.8 is great. It ranks in my top ten as a way of enhancing my enjoyment of music and building a little knowledge and understanding of musical development. Love it all; thank you Roon Labs for continuing to develop this software.
Some of the vitriolic negative feedback Iā€™ve seen today appears to be based on issues of design, which is subjective; or functionality, which will never be ā€˜idealā€™ for all users. Describing the launch of a piece of software as a ā€˜massive failureā€™ seems a bit of a stretch.

31 Likes

I :sparkling_heart: Roon 1.8 great programming, nice GUI.
A lot of negative comments, I stopped reading them and listen to the music on my new Matrix Roon ready Mini-i Pro3 with Roon in portrait mode on my old Ipad Air2, my greatest wish :v:t4:

Cheers John

17 Likes

Unfortunately there are a number of folk in the forum who decided 1.8 was a massive failure before it even landed. They immediately look for negatives and ignore any and all positives.

If Roon had included a new feature whereby CTRL+U made a unicorn pop out of your screen and start to $hit Bitcoin these same people would still find something to moan about.

Im very happy with 1.8 from what Ive seen so far.
Nice job Roon :v:
I will definitely be renewing my subscription when its due.

48 Likes

Haha, good line ā€“ a bit of light relief from all the drama! :smile:

6 Likes

Thank you to Roonā€™s team.

8 Likes

Mineā€™s not working! Do I need to reboot? :rofl:

6 Likes

Would like to throw in my 2 cents. The 1.8 upgrade to me is pretty neat. Looks way better. I havenā€™t had any problems other than some of my classical albums donā€™t populate under their respective composers since they have weaker metadata. But you can still find them on a simple search so no big deal.

3 Likes

I wish to congratulate the Roon team for some fantastic work. I love 1.8!

8 Likes

You should tag it for support!

2 Likes

Itsā€¦ wait for itā€¦ Massively Great!

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you for this amazing update :+1:

5 Likes

Thanks Roon team for this great upgrade. Except one startup issue with the settings page on the IPad which was easily corrected by changing the iPad language from Dutch to English it works flawless. The new layout is great and the way I can dig into the available data is unbelievable. Iā€™m very happy and give 5 stars for the team to release such a massive update with this high quality.

4 Likes

Yes! Portrait mode on my Samsung tablet!
Overall, I think 1.8 looks great!

4 Likes

I have been spending a few very pleasant hours getting lost in music, relations between artists and lots of new discoveries that the new version provided.
This is really great!
I am very much looking forward to diving back into that universe tomorrow :star_struck:

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, you canā€™t imagine how many stores I had to visit before finding one that sold unicorn food whilst also accepting Bitcoin as payment.

Yeah a reboot should do the trick, but donā€™t forget to be playing Serge Gainsbourgs reggae version of ā€œLa Marseillaiseā€ on a purple kazoo whilst executing.

But on a serious note, I was busy enjoying Roon 1.8 - as should everybody.
I get there will be a few niggles here and there but some of the outright flaming in the other threads on here is just shocking.

:+1:

7 Likes