Roon 1.8 Wasapi Audio Devices not auto reconnecting on clients

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core
Intel NUC I5 running Windows 10 and Roon Core 1.8 Build 756

Client
Roon Version 1.8 Build 756

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi and Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Schiit Audio Modi2 Uber - connected to the core
Sony USB DAC UDA-1 - connected to a client PC

Description Of Issue

When I first bring up the client the Sony shows as a viable audio option on the local client and on the core. If the sony shuts down, it still shows on the core but is not an option on the client. and the same with the SCHIIT audio WASAPI device connected to the core, if it shuts down and is restarted, it shows up on the core but not on any of the clients. The only fix for this is to restart the Roon core and then they will show up on the clients.

This worked perfectly prior to the 1.8 rollout.

This does not happen with any of the airplay clients

Thank You,

Mike

I think this also applies to ASIO, as I’m seeing it with both WASAPI and ASIO drivers.

My device is an RME ADI-2 DAC FS. My core is a linux system and client is windows 10.

my client is also windows 10

Same here, both on wasapi as on aiso. Windows 10 client. Linux Core is on NUC10i7. Device is NI komplete audio 6.

Hello,

Exact same issue that I am experiencing. A reboot of the Core temporarily fixes this until you restart the client. I’m also seeing no audio zones at times.

Basically a major cluster all around it would appear.

Thanks, Phil

Same here. I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, renamed and regenerated RAATServer folder, rebuilt my database, etc. many times. The Audio Zones are messed up. Getting really old spending this much time trying to get ROON to work. I just want this fixed!

Is this the wrong way to submit a support request?
Thanks,
Mike

Apologies for the trouble here, @Michael_Silva

Please see our update on this here

2 Likes