Roon 1.8 - where can I see tags & playlists for a track? [Solved]

Roon still does a lot for me that Spotify almost certainly won’t, and discovery via Roon Radio works very well for me.

If it came down to a choice between Spotify HiFi and Tidal (or Qobuz), then it would be a difficult choice. A larger music catalogue with Spotify against the availability of hi-res with the other two. But It won’t come down to this because I can’t see myself moving away from Roon.

Now, if Roon were to offer integration with Spotify in the way they do with Tidal and Qobuz, then Spotify HiFi would be a possible option for me. However, that’s not going to happen (or could it?), and so I think my medium to long term preference will be a combination of Roon and Tidal or Qobuz.

We’ve made changes to address this in Build 763. Please see more details below:

Tag links on the album page - By popular request, this feature is back. Head over to the General tab of Settings and, once “Show track tags on album page” is enabled, tags will appear as they did in past versions of Roon.

Playlist Links

This is another request we’ve heard from many of you – if you’d like to see links on the album screen to the playlists you’ve created, this can also be enabled from the General tab of Settings.

7 Likes

Awesome - Thanks!!

Thank you very much.

The tracks in my playlists are no longer numbered, which I’m not happy about. Even more irritating is that previously when adding tracks to playlists, the playlist was listed under the relevant track making it possible to see how many playlists the track had been added to. I make a lot of playlists and want to avoid duplication. I now need to check the actual playlist to see whether a track has already been added or not. Playlists are a really important function so this needs to be rectified.

1 Like

Good job! Thanks!

I like using tags inside of Roon and enjoyed that whenever I looked at an album, if a song was part of any of my tags, it would display that tag name under the song. It appears Roon 1.8 doesn’t do this?

Is there a way to turn that back on somewhere?

Hello @Stephan_Pearce,

We’ve restored the ability to see track tags and playlists in the latest Roon update:

-John

4 Likes

Why did you remove it in the first place?

5 Likes

Playlist Links

“This is another request we’ve heard from many of you – if you’d like to see links on the album screen to the playlists you’ve created, this can also be enabled from the General tab of Settings.”

I don’t see a way to enable playlist links on the general tab of settings. What am I misssing?

Maybe when the app updates this will appear in settings?

Yes, you need to be running the latest version.

" Playlist Links

This is another request we’ve heard from many of you – if you’d like to see links on the album screen to the playlists you’ve created, this can also be enabled from the General tab of Settings."

Can someone explain this to me? I enable it but I don’t see anything.

Update the app

Thanks for the update, it’s a relief. Now, I can really enjoy 1.8.

1 Like

Thanks for also bringing back the separation between all tags and the most recently used ones on the “Manage tags” overlay.

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 11.06.26 AM

1 Like

Got the new IOS app update (along with core update earlier) last night and got the playlist links back. Thank you Roon! Great response following a major update.

Thank You! for bringing it back.

Now I can enjoy fully Roon 1.8, at least almost…:

The problem I have on a desktop (macmini M1 with Big Sur) and on my iPhone 12 as well is that clicking on a tag it always opens the first tag in the list. In this case it always opens TEMPO: Up.

If the track is added to one playlist it opens the correct playlist, with more than one playlist, the same issue happens too.

2 Likes

Mario, I fully agree. Something else bothers me: in the previous version you could see on the album listing if a song has other versions. This also disappeared with 1.8…

What about tags and favourites for iPhone? Still missing. I can’t even see my favourite ‘heart’ on the tracks! This is with the latest update 756. Nothing in settings to switch in on.

1 Like