Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
MacMini running BootCamp/Win 10
Roon 1.8, build 783
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
ASUS Router, TrendNet switch, 1G wired Ethernet
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
HDMI to Marantz AV8805
Description Of Issue
- Roon (64bit version) was running fine prior to updating Win10 to version 20H2.
- After booting new Win10 and checking that a few other programs and net access is OK, I clicked on Roon icon but there was absolutely no computer response at all. Repeated many times.
- Removed RAAT elements to let Roon refresh them (which it did) but to no effect.
- Removed all of Roon completely and downloaded/installed a fresh copy of Build 783 (64bit) but it had no effect. Roon would not even open a window.
- Downloaded/installed a fresh copy of Build 783 (32bit). Now a Roon window opens with a blank white screen containing 2 crossing black diagonal line but, before anything else can happen or be addressed, the window closes.