Roon 1.8 will not start with Win10, version 20H2

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacMini running BootCamp/Win 10
Roon 1.8, build 783

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ASUS Router, TrendNet switch, 1G wired Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

HDMI to Marantz AV8805

Description Of Issue

1. Roon (64bit version) was running fine prior to updating Win10 to version 20H2.
  2. After booting new Win10 and checking that a few other programs and net access is OK, I clicked on Roon icon but there was absolutely no computer response at all. Repeated many times.
  3. Removed RAAT elements to let Roon refresh them (which it did) but to no effect.
  4. Removed all of Roon completely and downloaded/installed a fresh copy of Build 783 (64bit) but it had no effect. Roon would not even open a window.
  5. Downloaded/installed a fresh copy of Build 783 (32bit). Now a Roon window opens with a blank white screen containing 2 crossing black diagonal line but, before anything else can happen or be addressed, the window closes.

I’m not a Mac/Bootcamp user, but the graphics driver could have been changed during the Windows update.
Maybe you can check for genuine drivers and try to install?
Hope you’ll get it resolved…

Thanks. I will check that possibility (again). When I originally installed Roon 1.8 with the earlier Win10 version, I needed to specify -nodeepcolor (on all my three machines) in order to get useful display graphics. That shortcut doesn’t work with 20H2.

See also:

1 Like

Thanks. I will attack this on the weekend when I will be there at that system.

Resolved with

1. Uninstall/removal of all of Roon.
  2. Three system reboots, one of which did some OS updating.
  3. Installation of fresh Roon 1.8 (64bit)
  4. Reinstall library from backup.
    :+1:
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.