Roon 2 (Build 1223) can’t find audio devices. .

Since updating to the most recent build of Roon a couple days ago, the software is no longer able to find audio devices apart from the default ‘Roon Tested’ device, which is an AirPlay connexion to my AVR. (I normally run Roon using the ASIO4ALL driver.)

My Win 10 Home laptop is fully patched.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Roon on several occasions, even rebooting between uninstall and reinstall, but with zero success.

The issue seems to be that RAAT Server isn’t running, and there seems to be no way in which to launch the process.

Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Something else may be at play here: I launched an earlier version of Roon (Build 1221) on a different machine and, even before updating, ran into the same issue. My memory sez that when I had launched Roon after installing it some several months ago that it was finding various audio devices, specifically those related to on-board audio.

I’m not entirely sure what this suggests, let alone how to troubleshoot and fix it.

@Brian_Heinrich, a couple of questions. Do you have a firewall exception created for both roon.exe and raatserver.exe on your W10 Core? Some of the Windows patches reset these exceptions and you may have to re-activate them. Also, do you have your network set to Private in W10’s network settings?

One additional question. Can you post a screenshot of your Roon’s Settings → Audio tab? This may help in letting the Roon staff and community see what is showing as available endpoints.

I have a firewall exception for both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe. Network is set to private.

This is the damnedest thing: I relaunched Roon just a few minutes ago . . . and all my audio devices were there, as expected:

The only thing that happened with Roon in between is that I had logged in to it on a different laptop/core, so had deauthorise this core in order to do so and then reauthorise it when I logged back in.

I don’t understand why that would lead to the autodiscovery of the various Roon Ready audio devices, but after several days of frustration I’m just glad to have Roon up and running again. :grinning:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.