Roon acquired by Harman International [Feedback]

If you don’t use it @OffRode, that is an off button.

3 Likes

That’s what I have done the 0 thing, it would be a bit more elegant if there was a disable or off button that closed the control console. Little thing I suppose just a personal ocd thing perhaps.

3 Likes

So she is the new owner of Roon :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I use ARC a lot at my office, in car, or even golf cart! Do i have dropouts some, sure. I never like CarPlay (regardless of Arc), so issues there have not affected me. I appreciate the long hours the Roon team put in to design, code, test, and implement it. It was a labor of love I am sure.

@jamie , can you comment on any stability improvements coming to ARC. I’ve been waiting a long time for a fix related to notification handling on Android, for example ARC will frequently play music over GPS alerts while driving. There is also an ongoing issue with the Play/Pause controls in the notification shade intermittently not working. I have a ticket in for these but they have been pending since July with no news of a fix. I’m really hoping that we will get some of these long standing bugs fixed soon and some communication from the Roon team would be really appreciated.

1 Like

Looks like lifetime has already gone up to S829 is that a result of this takeover or did I miss it?

Roon - Pricing

You missed it

It went up at the beginning of this year.

Ah Ok thanks I did a quick search but did not find it. Now I read the thread I do remember it, but the lifetime increase had not sunk in.

Searching for 829 brings up a complaint from January 3 as the top result :wink:

3 Likes

It was mine right?

OK probably not, Miss @beka got me sorted out in short order

Not when using the default „by relevance“. I’m sure there were complaints on the 1st of January :wink:

1 Like

To this day I am still unable to use ARC! My AT&T Router prevents it.

That has nothing to do with ARC, if you’re ISP doesn’t support port forwarding then Plex wouldn’t work externally either for example.

1 Like

Congratulations. The Roon team’s hard work has been recognized and well deserved.

Sounds like plenty of potential for distracted driving. Keep safe

Roon ARC works well with my AT&T BGW-320 500 (300/300).

Yep. It works great for me and it was one of the main reasons that I finally joined Roon. It’s not perfect, but it’s pretty good and getting better.

I’m fine, it would be nice if ARC didn’t have these issues (they were acknowledged by support in July as ‘Ticket In’ but never fixed). I’ve been using SiriusXM way more these days and Roon as a whole a lot less because the experience has really degraded for me. I’m beginning to regret paying for Lifetime and I hope we get some fixes soon.

2 Likes

This kind of stuff keeps me from wanting to even mess with ARC. Having been taken out by a distracted driver on my motorcycle I just don’t want to be bothered.
Steering wheel controls where you don’t need to look away or put your head down are a must. Next track and volume are all I need.