Roon always loose my PC Audio and I need to configure it almost everyday

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC8i3BEH

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Router R7000 - Everything is thernet wired (no wireless)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

PC Audio card - Creative Z series

Description Of Issue

I just made a fresh intall Windows 10 and Roon and i’m starting to loose the settings for Audio device (here my PC).

Almost everyday I need to add my PC Audio device because Roon don’t keep the settings or something. So I need to go back in Settings - Audio and set back the PC Sound card then it play fine.

The next day samething I have no audio device for the PC and I need to do it again and I use WASAPI
audio device in the list. I don’t loose the core and also my NAD C658.

Only the PC Audio card is somehow get disconnect but I have no problem using it in Windows. Only Roon.

Thanks

Stating the obvious here but assume you have tried a power down and reboot of network, ROCK and endpoints?

I reboot the PC but didn’t reboot the Router and the Core because everything is running fine.
Roon is just not keeping my setting for the PC sound card. Very strange never got this since I bought Roon last year,

this happen after the last update.

Are we to assume your NuC is running ROCK? When did you do the update? Last updates was quite some time ago.

No my NUC is running Windows 10 and Roon server only.

Hi @SylvainP,

If you uninstall and reinstall the drivers for this device is there any change?

Do any other devices connected to this machine exhibit similar issues?

No, only Roon somehow is loosing it’s settings once in a while but only for the PC audio card.

it’s not long to do but it’s kind of annoying to redo it in the audio settings.

I just install the latest driver again but like I said everything is fine in Windows and no hiccups.

A post was split to a new topic: Audio Device Help

I had a similar problem with the Sound Blaster Z and it’s Asio drivers. Did uninstall reinstall didn’t help much. Pulled it out used a Realtek Onboard sound card with realtek Asio drivers (didn’t realize until it showed up in Roon) and had no problems. At least nothing that the odd reboot wouldn’t fix. My Sound Blaster Z is up for sale…

I decided to use an old reciever a Pi4 and iFi iDSD Nano BL powered by an iFi iPower 5v instead. Still use computer audio for gaming and for music the iFi rig. (not my primary playback devices).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.