Roon and internet radio: disappointing

(DSG) #113

Not sure what to suggest. I just added the link again to make sure was as I posted and am listening to Stuart Maconie’s Freak Zone.

Sorry.

(Jason Finn) #114

That is really weird. Every time I try to add the station tab Roon spins on and on and then after a minute it says it can’t find the radio station.

(Jason Finn) #115

Ah, maybe it has something to do that you are in the U.K. and I am the U.S. Maybe the BBC disabled the U.S. functionality.

(Edward) #116

Until that glorious day comes when Roon can ‘mate’ with some Internet music providers…is there a Sticky Thread that has a list of URL’s people can share with each other?

(Dick Vliek) #117
(Jason Finn) #118

Got it to work as one has to use this link which is low quality: http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/nonuk/sbr_low/ak/bbc_6music.m3u8

(DSG) #119

Pleased you found a link that works.

I think the BBC does limit the quality of overseas access.

I think it was Michael Moore who pointed out that in the USA you need a license for a gun and in the UK you need a license for a radio & tv.

(Chris ) #120

Yes, but the UK license pays for the programming and so much more…

(Andrew Cox) #121

There are two. This one and another one for FLAC.

(DSG) #122

I have no argument with the license fee.

1 Like
(John Culver) #123

Decent internet radio-something as good as LMS 08

I just ask for this periodically. Still can’t believe this has not been accomplished.

Please…

3 Likes
(Ralph Burns) #124

Also showing currenty song playing metadata from a radio stream would be appreciated. I realize that a a minimum first request people just want Radio browsing functionality.

(John Culver) #125

IS this ever going to happen? Very disappointing given cost and promise if this otherwise excellent service.

1 Like
(Matt Levin) #126

Agree Internet Radio needs to be improved. You should be able to browse one of the radio aggregators e.g. TuneIn and add stations. Plus partnerships with someone like iHeart radio.

2 Likes
(Andrew Cox) #127

There is work happening with Internet Radio. See Mike’s thread here and sign up as a Curator if you’d like to be a part of it.

1 Like
(Peter Gaulke) #128

I could never get the URL feature to work

1 Like
Roon's new Internet Radio Directory: Curators Wanted! :raising_hand_man:
(GaryM) #129

for any station? I have dozens that work.

(Peter Gaulke) #130

Maybe one station, but it sounded horrible, so I gave up. My streamers’ software is much easier to use when it comes to radio stations. But I have to say, after listening to Tidal HiFi and my own collection, I don’t have much use for compressed Radio Station signals.

(GaryM) #131

@Peter_Gaulke
Note that there are lossless (CD Quality) streaming radio stations. Radio Paradise is one that is popular.

3 Likes
(David Brown) #132

Works fine here !!