Roon app on iPhone (iOS 13.4.1 crashes)

This happens to me. I tried to delete app and reinstall and Roon app just crashes after 15-30 seconds every time.

Is that on iOS 13.1.2 ?

I am on 13.4

Thanks Matt, I’ve split your post out to new topic and have tagged @support to follow this up for you.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Core is an Innuos Zenith mk3

Core is connected to a Netgear Nighthawk router via Ethernet

When the crashes occur I am not using one audio device in particular. There could be no music playing at all, just browsing my library and it happens. I have to make music selections very quickly or the app just closes.

Music is stored on the Zenith mk3. I have 61,670 tracks in my library, files and streaming combined.

Hi @Matt_Cuttler,

Can you please let me know the exact local time + date this issue next occurs? I would like to enable diagnostics mode for your iPhone to see if there are further clues in logs. It is possible that there won’t be if this is an unmanaged crash (killed off by the iOS system itself), but I can check for further clues just in case.

7AM EST this morning April 10

I switched my Roon Core to a Mac Mini (still using Innuos as endpoint) and the iOS remote app still crashes

Hi @Matt_Cuttler,

Thanks for the timestamp. I’ve activated diagnostics mode and what this should do is automatically upload a log set to our servers. Can you please open the Roon app a few times on your iPhone and let me know once you have done so? Hopefully a log set can be delivered to our servers before it crashes.

Just reproduced it 3x in a row

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.