Roon app: working an a phone – not working on a a tablet [Resolved - Tablet on guest network]

Hi all!
The ROON-app is working fine on my android phone. But on my new android tablet (Samuns Galaxy S2) it dos not work. Search for the ROON-Core for minutes and minutes and finding nothing.

Someone any idea?

Thanks for sharing your report with us, @Christoph_Eichenseer!

To start, may I kindly ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

May I also ask that you please verify the following:

• Since noticing this behavior have you tried rebooting the tablet, Core machine, and networking hardware?
  • What version of Android is the device running?
  • What version of Android is the phone that does work running? What kind of device is it?
  • Do you have any active antivirus or firewall on the Core machine? Does disabling them yield positive results?

Regards,
Dylan

Hi Dylan,

thank you for your very quick answer.

I rebooted everything, my tablet, my rooter and the core (ROCK on an Intel NUC), but nothing changed.

My phone is a essential phone, running android 8.1.0 (last available version)
My tablet is a Samsung S2, running android 7.0 (last available version)

No anitvirus on ROCK (I think that is not possible)

Regards,
Christoph

Thanks for the update, @Christoph_Eichenseer!

Can I get some information about your current setup? What kind of NUC are you using? How is everything connected to the network? What networking hardware are you using currently?

Thanks,
Dylan

Hi Dylan,

hope, this behavior will help you to help me :slight_smile:

When I insert the ROCK IP-Adress (192.168.xx.xx) in the browser of my phone I come to the System Status side of ROCK. Doing the same on the tablet, the answer is "no contact to this webside (in german language).

Christoph

Hi Dylan,

got it.
The tablet has been connected as a β€œguest”. After changing to the acess of the phone everything works fine.

Thanks again for your fast replay!
Christoph

1 Like

Great! I’m glad to hear it’s working for you @Christoph_Eichenseer. If anything else comes up feel free to reach out, we are always glad to help.

Happy listening!
-Dylan

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.