ROON ARC: All of sudden, "Something went wrong" and "Poor connection" and "Searching for Roon Core..." messages [Resolved]

Same. Today, my ARC either hangs or I get the message: “Something went wrong”. I’m in my office and using wifi. I have been tinkering for the last hour rebooting Roon NUC, rebooting modems, checking ARC connection, shutting down unrequired devices, restarting devices, etc. On my home network, in Roon settings-> ARC everything looks good. I haven’t had a lick of trouble ever since launch day.

1 Like

My Arc app on both iPhone and Android says Core last seen 7 hours ago.

Hmm, my core has been working all day.

Let’s wait to hear from Roon.

1 Like

Glad to see it is not just me. My ARC has not been working the last couple of days. I thought the problem might be large playlists but looks like it is something else.

1 Like

Umm @support I know it is Sunday, but is it possible to get a confirmation that this is on Roon’s side?

1 Like

I heard from the moderator who said they would be looking at this tomorrow.

3 Likes

Nucleus
iPhone 13, IOS Version 16.1

My ARC app cannot find my core but the core is up and running. Also, I get an error message when I try to access “configure” in the “set up menu.”

Networking Gear & Setup Details

QNap on ethernet. No VPN in use

Connected Audio Devices

Naim NDX 2 and Apple extreme

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

My ARC app cannot find my core but the core is up and running. Also, I get an error message when I try to access “configure” in the “set up menu.”

Is your phone (Arc App) on the same subnet 192.168.4.x assuming you’re testing it on WiFi. Have you tried on mobile data?

I turned off Wi-Fi but the problem persists. I can’t answer your first question because the ARC app won’t open past the “no cores detected” screen. This is a new problem. It’s been working fine before today.

Yeah, I’m having dramas here too.

Misery loves company. Maybe Roon will figure it out in the not-too-distant future.

Same issue here. Started today

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10 Pro 21H2 Build 19044.2251
CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i9-9900 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz
Ram: 32GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Negear Nighthawk CM1200
Asus ROG Strix GS-AX5400
Ethernet
No VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Sonos Play 5 via Sonos streaming

Number of Tracks in Library

1764 tracks

Description of Issue

I configured this PC to work about a day ago and it was working perfectly fine but I got on my Arc app about an hour ago and it can’t find the core now. It says arc is configured correctly and I have already reinstalled roon and the arc app and still nothing. No idea what is happening with it.

I’m having the same issue.

same here, I never had issues with arc since started , I was unable to use it on my iPhone 13mini or S22 . Normal roon have no problem and Roon Arc in setting is showed READY. Don’t know why and how to fix it… :frowning: Hopefully, it is fixed soon.

After thirty-five post, I think it’s obvious that a server is down or some such problem that Roon will correct tomorrow.

3 Likes

I could not connect to my Roon server via ARC either. ARC was running fine about 5 hours ago. Now Roon ARC app could not connect to my Roon core with a cryptic “Something went wrong” error message.

Same here. Was working fine yesterday.

Me too…same issue everyone else is reporting. :frowning:

Great, i should have checked this forum first, before uninstalling the roon arc app. And resetting the Roon ARC setting at the roon core.

None of them are working despite the Roon ARC setting says everything is “normal”.

Same, “Searching for Roon Core…” spinning. :frowning:

Going to stop this and check back in tomorrow.

Last time Roon ARC was successful was few days ago. Hasn’t work all day today, Nov 13.

Working OK now. 9:30 pm Pacific.

1 Like