ROON ARC: All of sudden, "Something went wrong" and "Poor connection" and "Searching for Roon Core..." messages [Resolved]

:mega: Staff Note :mega:

Roon Core Machine

Windows 11 64bit
HP ProBook 430 G6

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Modem: In bridge mode
Router: Synology RT2600ac
ARC endpoints: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 + Xiaomi Redmi 10
Connectivity: Ethernet between core and router, wifi/cellular between core and ARC endpoint

Connected Audio Devices

See above.

Number of Tracks in Library

Around 7500 tracks.

Description of Issue

• Never had issues with ARC, been using it extensively for hours per day since its release. Used it all day today until around 19:25 CET. (When I returned home and turned playback off.) Suddenly, when I started ARC again at around 20:30 CET, started getting “Something went wrong” and “Poor connection” messages in my Samsung endpoint. Verified the same behavior in my Xiaomi endpoint. The issue is present with both cellular and wifi networks.
  • Rebooting ARC endpoints and Roon core did not help. Turning off/on UPNP and turning off/on manual port forwarding in router did not help.
  • Deleting app cache and data in Samsung endpoint did not help.
  • After resetting Roon ARC in Samsung endpoint, the “Searching for Roon Core…” message started occuring. Uninstalling and installing Roon ARC in the device did not change anything.
  • Rebooting my router did not change anything.
  • Checking the specific ARC port via https://canyouseeme.org/ shows success. The core shows “Your Roon Core was automatically configured and has been confirmed to be securely accesible by Roon ARC.” as expected.

Roon core itself works as expected incl. playback.
VPN connectivity from the Samsung endpoint to Roon core works as expected incl. remote streaming.
Roon ARC is KO due to reason unknown.

8 Likes

Same here.

Edit to add:

My core is Linux based and I’m on AT&T fiber 5Gbps up and down with a 1Gbps NIC in my Roon server.

2 Likes

No clue if my issue is related to yours, but I’ve experienced the same thing. I reset ARC on my Android phone, tried to reconnect. It will not connect. Roon reports that everything’s fine on the Roon ARC front.

1 Like

Same thing.

Roon core says all good for arc.

Now can’t connect iPhone to it.

1 Like

I’m guessing a Roon server is down.

2 Likes

Same since around 1PM ET…

3 Likes

Oh, ok, maybe that was my issue too. Seems to have affected my core too but maybe I’m just conflating two separate issues.

same here, never had issues with arc only today , unable to use it on my iPhone or iPad although anything seems fine with Roon App

3 Likes

Same here, first time i see that problem.

1 Like

+1, has been happening for the last couple of hours on my iPhone 14 Pro. Must be on the Roon end given how many reports are coming in.

1 Like

Also experiencing this. Roon Remote says my core is available for Arc to connect, but Arc says it can’t connect even though it sees the core.

2 Likes

Also here, Germany, Something went wrong
This morning everything was still fine.

2 Likes

iPhone 12 Pro on Telstra 5G Network.
Core on NUC10i3

Adding myself to list of users that this issue is affecting, cannot use ARC at all, just get “poor connection” and “something went wrong” messages.

Tidal app and Apple Music work without issue.

1 Like

Same issue: can’t connect to my nucleus core for the last few hours…everything is good on the network side, etc. Must be a Roon issue…

2 Likes

Same issue just started at about 2pm today. Was working fine listening to music and all the sudden it says “something went wrong” and has the continuous moving loading bar at the top. When I got home I checked roon on my pc and if I go to roon arc settings it says “ready roon arc can securely access your room core” but arc app still says “something went wrong” even when they’re on the same network. Roon remote connects fine too. Only arc is broken. Gotta be on roon’s end if we’re all having the same problem starting at the same time.

It seems that I have the same issue here. In Roon remote, under Settings → Roon ARC, it says Roon ARC can securely access your Roon core. But on Roon ARC, it states “Something went wrong” and etc.

I completely uninstalled Roon ARC on my iPhone and then reinstalled. Now Roon ARC states “Your Core isn’t configured for access outside of your network.” Then it states “To connect, make sure your Roon Core is turned on and configured for remote access.”

Roon Remote still works fine. I am running ROCK, Roon version 2.0 (build 1148)

1 Like

I’m unable to connect at all, Arc indicates my core is ready but won’t connect, purple dot just circles endlessly. Funny enough, my wife who is sitting right next to me is able to connect using her phone with no issues. Both using iPhone 13s.

1 Like

Same here in Australia. ARC has performed flawlessly up until today. I am getting a “something went wrong” message on both my android phone as well as on my iPad Pro - even when attempting to connect on the home network.

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

Mac Mini (Late 2012)
2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
16GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router: Eero Pro 6E
Switch: TP-Link TL-SG108 8-Port Gigabit
Roon Core > Eero Pro 6E #2 > Ethernet Switch > Eero Pro 6E #1 > Modem (all connected via ethernet)

Connected Audio Devices

USB Audio: Music Streamer II

Number of Tracks in Library

39,636 tracks

Description of Issue

Hi there. I’m having trouble with ARC and hoping to get some help. Today I was listening to my library from my car without issue. However, I tried to change the album when I was in an area with poor cell service. The app showed “Something went wrong”, occasionally showed “Poor connection”, and would not play. I assumed this was do to my location. However, when I got home I was still not able to connect, and it still showed “Something went wrong”, even after rebooting the app, the phone, and the core. I checked my spouse’s phone and it also showed “Something went wrong.” I reset the app on both devices, and now neither will connect to the core. They just show “Searching for Roon Core…” and a spinning icon. The regular Roon apps still work fine. Thanks in advance.

I think a few people are experiencing Arc issues. Myself included. Might be an issue on Roons side.

1 Like