ROON ARC: All of sudden, "Something went wrong" and "Poor connection" and "Searching for Roon Core..." messages [Resolved]

Still not working for me, and has flawlessly until last night. These things happen.

Same here, still spinning on “Searching for Roon Core…” :frowning:

same here. no ARC connection. Roon team, what’s going on?

Same problem

up until yesterday evening everything was working fine.
suddenly my Arc stopped playing in my car.

Initially I got ‘something went wrong’. Core is perfectly fine and connected, port forwarding still up and running.

I tried to reset arc, there the screen is now stuck on ‘Searching for Roon core’.

seems to be something global

1 Like

Bringing my Support request in here as the same issue at my end
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-arc-no-core-found/222290?u=adith_mohan

1 Like

It should be the global problem… Living in China and just found the same issue and it work several days ago…

Same here in UK as this is on local network it’s definitely something Roons side either server down or their cdn provider is having issues.os DDoS attack again. It was working over celllular yesterday afternoon as was gardening and using it.

Same here! I’ve been racking my brain trying to figure out what’s wrong.
ARC reports it hasn’t seen the core since yesterday. On the core, when testing ARC at first it worked, then after I checked again it didn’t. Tried changing Router settings. Didn’t work. Then I refreshed ARC in the core and got a new port #. I changed the port forwarding on my router and now the core says ARC is working, but the ARC app still can’t connect.

1 Like

While this is not the end of the world and not some mission critical system this clearly is some sort of server issue.

However a service such as this costing what it does, there should be some kind of fall over resilience designed into the infrastructure. It’s early days for arc and sure there will be teething problems.

That being said someone should have been dealing with this and not waiting for standard office hours if you are providing a system like this then there needs to be the necessary and proper back up to support it.

5 Likes

Same here !!!

Maxxim ;(

Same here.

Same here.

and another user with the same problem

1 Like

Same issue.

Core reboot doesn’t help.

Same issue here as well.

Roon ARC status in Roon Core is “Ready” yet Roon ARC app on Android displaying “No Roon Cores found”

Same here, Sweden. Something wrong at Roon?

“Something went wrong” for me too. Also seeing “Poor connection”.

ARC has worked flawlessly until this morning. Neither a Roon core reboot nor a software restart has any effect.

Yes, same here, too - noticed it around 8am here in the UK.

ARC has been bumping along flawlessly for quite a while for me, too.

I did notice yesterday afternoon that I was asked to login to my account, in order to re-connect ARC via mobile, whilst I was outside of my network, but ARC worked fine after that for a an hour or so of use.

This morning and last night my Roon Core was working fine, and continue to be, but I’ve also been getting ‘Something went wrong’ followed by ‘Poor Connection - Retry’, eventually.

I am also a bit confused as any Roon server for ARC should only exist to update dynamic DNS records. In theory shouldn’t that mean ARC would work until my internet IP address changes? Guess Roon implemented it a different way. Hoping it gets fixed soon!

where’s the roon team?!