ROON ARC: All of sudden, "Something went wrong" and "Poor connection" and "Searching for Roon Core..." messages [Resolved]

Not sure that this calls for such language in a community forum. Frustrating to be sure, yes.

2 Likes

Same here Tokyo Japan.

Same problem here.
This is exactly the main problem of a centralized authentication.
Why is it so difficult to let the user specify the IP address of their roon core so that every user is able to listen to their music even if Roon server are offline/have problems?

Before creating this topic, I checked online and saw no complaints, therefore assumed the issue is with my setup.

Only after performing all the steps described in my initial post, initiating this topic and reading through all the replies and all the other later-on topics on the same issue, it is clearly not just me who is struggling! Wow.

Yet zero feedback from Roon team, almost one day after…

1 Like

Generally it’s because IP addresses can change randomly on most ISPs.

But also it allows for more analytics and monetization should they so choose.

Dynamic dns services exists for that.
I’m not talking about deleting the Roon Authentication method. Just let the user choose how they want to reach their core.
Being able to connect to a server via IP address is literally the abc of networking, why complicate things without giving the user at least a choice?

This is exactly why I was hoping for the ability to specify my own domain. Feature request here :wink:

2 Likes

people can’t use the feature they paid for almost 24 hours w/o a single response from the roon team. What language the roon customer service expects from the customers in situation like this, sir?

The Roon Arc mobile client has been working normally. This morning, I found that I could not connect to the Roon core server at home. I checked that the home network was normal. The ARC network forwarding results on the server were normal, but the Roon Arc client on the mobile phone could not connect to the Roon server at home.

2 Likes

about to log the same problem. Desktop ARC test shows port access is fine. Worked yesterday -not today…

You are not alone, my Nucleus also encountered the same problem, it seems that the DDNS server dedicated to Roon arc is down.

Only wait for the official, hurry up to fix.

Mines got the same problem also fine in settings on roon setup screen but won’t login on ARC

Same problem here - ARC was working fine until yesterday evening (CET)

My ARC app says „Something went wrong“.

Might be worth watching this thread. Thanks @AceRimmer for moving several threads into one.

Same problem here ARC can’t connect to roon core, was working yesterday

Yes I have the same problem too. The Roon Arc apps keep searching Roon core with no luck at all.

Same problem here.
Seems like a general ARC connection problem to the core

same here,
ARC worked fine 'til yesterday. This morning I get a message saying that Core cannot be found.
Same is happening under my WiFi network as well.

Same. Roon working fine but ARC not responding at all on Wi-Fi.

Unless something has happened without my knowledge, no updates have been installed since it last worked.