Roon ARC phone will not connect!

I have finally got around to trying to install ARC on my phone so that I can use from the car, just upgraded the car audio/navigation system to one supporting Android Auto and Apple Carplay. I have sorted out the router access so that roon seems to be happy that it can access my roon server. I am trying to test on my Android phone and all I am getting is the Arc logo come up on the app and then nothing. Would be good to get some guidance from you guys out there…

PS: Roon remote is working fine

Just testing on an old iPhone 8 and seems to be working ok - gave me login screen etc. which I do not get on my Android device (Google Pixel 8 Pro).

Someone reported what looks like the same behavior on a Pixel 8 Pro when Android 14 was still Beta and uninstalling/reinstalling the ARC app fixed it:

Thanks - already tried that and restarted the phone - still the same sadly. Will try again just in case ! :blush:

Good luck :slight_smile:

Still no luck sadly !!!

Hopefully official support will be around soon, or someone else with a P8P.

I read that Google started to release a big Android update these days, did you get that yet?

I literally got the phone about a week ago… I think I remember a fairly big update happening when I was setting up… Checked my settings and it thinks everything is up to date.
Thanks

I was just thinking that maybe the big update broke something for ARC (in which case not every P8P would experience it because not everyone got the update). But I think this update only started yesterday (info)

Thanks for the heads up - I haven’t had any updates to my phone since I originally setup a week or so ago - I guess I’ll just need to wait to see if anyone has some suggestions.

Summary:

iPhone 8+ tested and works fine.
Google Pixel 8 Pro - just get the initial splash screen and nothing else. Roon remote works fine. No updates to the phone pending.

Hi @Paul_Riordan,

Thank you for your post. If you haven’t already, please try installing the APK download in place of the Play Store download for ARC.

The APK download will not automatically update with future ARC version releases, since those are managed via the Play Store. So, the next time there’s a new ARC release (within the coming weeks), I recommend uninstalling and switching back to the Play Store version of the app.

Let us know if this helps. Thank you!

I managed to install the app and it works fine on my phone. Sadly Android Auto doesn’t recognise or show the app… Which is unfortunate as that is the main use case for me.
Thanks for your help.

@connor - any updates on this? Also do you know when the next release is coming?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.