Roon ARC "Poor connection, Try again" message on A&K SP3000 DAP

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Xfinity WiFi, Eero router, no VPN, no firewall

Connected Audio Devices

Naim Uniti Atom Headphone Edition (ethernet connection to Eero router)
A&K SP3000 (WiFi)
A&K SP2000T (WiFi)
A&K Kann Max (WiFi)

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon ARC was working fine on both the A&K SP300 and my iPhone 13 Pro. Now it still works fine on the iPhone, but on the SP3000 is get the “Poor connection. Try again” error message. I’ve reviewed many posts here among members of the Roon community who are having very similar issues (on DAPs, on phones, etc.) and while some folks report solutions, I’ve tried what they’ve done without success. It seems the vast majority of people encountering this issue have not been able to resolve it.

Roon Support, can you provide an update on this issue, including whether a fix has been identified, or at least what efforts are underway to find a fix? And maybe an ETA for resolution?

Hi @Daniel_Parker1 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please post a screenshot of the next time you get this error that shows the time? We can take a look at logs once we have the timestamp from you.

Also, please note that Comcast XFinity has a Constant Guard feature on some routers, and this has caused connection issues with Roon in the past, please see:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.