Roon ARC will not connect to Nucleus Plus

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus Plus

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Plusnet Hub Two, UPnP is enabled.
Ethernet to Nucleus, MacBook Pro and LG TV.

Connected Audio Devices

USB from Nucleus to Topping Headphone amp.

Number of Tracks in Library

24,791 Tracks

Description of Issue

ARC in the Nucleus setting will not connect but ARC App on iPhone SE has all my music on it but it will not work in offline mode.

Hey @stephen_ollerton,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

A good thing to note here, any music added to Arc from Tidal, Qobuz, or any streaming service will not be available in offline mode. Please head into your arc settings and select ‘Reset Roon Arc’ and let me know if your issue persists.

With that, can you please share the error code you see under your Roon core settings>Roon arc?

I’ll be on standby for your reply :pray:

Hi Ben. Can’t find enable remote access,
I’ve reset the roon arc app , still same .

Hi Ben Don’t know how to show you the error screen .

Hi Ben
The Roon arc app says my Roon core isn’t configured for remote access.

Item in the settings section on your core for Roon Arc, this section tells you if it can be accessed outside and provides an error log of why it can’t for support to look at. You should have the port number set in the blank box Roon will set one by default.

1 Like

Hi Benjamin
Have you seen my messages from 11 days ago.

Hey @stephen_ollerton,

Please review @CrystalGipsy’s previous reply with instructions on how to view the error log in your Arc settings.

Boot up your core and head into your settings>Roon Arc>click the arrow to expand the settings box to review additional information as well as the error code.

Please share that information here :+1:

Hi Ben if I click on Roon Arc it says not ready that’s on my laptop , I can’t see any arrow to expand, there is info in a box with connectivity status Network error status code 504 error, error Error ETIMEDOUT response code undefined, body undefined connected ? undefined external ip[actual external ip 194.aaa.bbb.ccc router external ip null] natpmp autoconfig status not found] upnp autoconfig [server ip 192.168.1.254 found upnp true error Did not find UPNP service with WANIP connection on network .
all my music is in arc on my iPhone but nothing plays in offline mode only when online.
It says out side the box on the settings - ARC, Roon ARC was unable to securely access your Roon core .
Steve.

Hey @stephen_ollerton,

Thank you for your patience while we’ve diligently worked to reach every request for support with port forwarding. The diagnostics you’ve provided suggest that UPnP is not properly configured on your router.

Please first try the following steps:

• Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router directly upstream from your Core
  • Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration
  • Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC
  • Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering
  • Check if your modem is in Bridge mode

If you continue to experience difficulties, please tag the support team and include the following information:

1. What is the make and model of your modem and router?
  2. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  3. Who is your internet service provider and what is your geographic region?
  4. Is your Modem configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem or do you have the ports forwarded on both?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

My router is Plusnet Hub 2

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hi @Benjamin reply from your message on what to do to check your settings on my router to enable Roon ARC
im not familier with changing settings on a router or modem, I see what your telling me what to check and change in settings.
If I send you screen shots of the setting pages can you tell me which to change.

Hey @stephen_ollerton,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! To get started, could you copy and paste the error message you see in your Roon core Settings>Roon Arc?

That would be helpful!

-Ben

{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“146.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.254”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“Did not find UPnP service with WANIPConnection on network”}
}Stephen_ollerton

Hi @Benjamin have you received it what you asked for ERROR codes for Roon ARC.

This may help, from the troubleshooting page:

1 Like

Hey @stephen_ollerton,

@Suedkiez beat me to it! They’ve provided excellent next steps in troubleshooting, which you can also find via the port forwarding help center article shared above.

I’ve also closed your prior thread, Stephen, and have re-opened your older thread on the issue. Let’s keep all communication on this thread moving forward. :+1:

Hi Benjamin I don’t know anything about router settings as ive mentioned , ive just spoke to technical team from Plusnet told him what you said "did not find UPnP service with WANIP connection on network. Meaning your router is advertising support for UPnP in general but not for the specific UPnP service that is used to configure port forwarding.
This is most commonly a simple miscommunication with the UPnP protocol between the router and your core.
The most likely explanation is that there is a setting to enable UPnP port forwarding specifically in the router somewhere.
The technical guy ended up saying the router does not do port forwarding.
That’s the only router they do.
I don’t know enough about this stuff I don’t think he understood what I was meaning.
Ive seen before on the router settings UPnP Ive tried toggle it on/off and that made no difference.
ive just this minute had a reply of Plusnet, a link to try and help me with my port forwarding issue. have not time to read it I have to go out now . Ill tell you later about what it says.

Hi @Suedkiez
I was looking at the router settings with a friend last week, with him connecting to my screen from his computer who once worked installing computer systems in schools etc 7 years ago, before retiring and knew a lot more about networking computers and routers etc than me he could only spend a few moments looking at the settings after checking them, and I remember seeing UPhP enable/off and my friend enabling it and turning it off then enable again I can’t remember seeing WANIPConnection though. My friend then had to cut his connection .
Today I was speaking to an advisor.from Plusnet about the settings and community advice asking his input on how to fix the problem connecting my Nucleus and Plusnet Hub 2 for the ARC setup he told me our modems don’t do port forwarding we only have that one I would have to change providers to one that has modems that do port forwarding.